TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pre Heating

Discussion in 'UK and Ireland' started by GaryH, Nov 2, 2016.

1. GaryH

GaryH Member

First frosty morning of the winter, got to love the pre heat function on EV's, we've got a Model S and a Leaf both cars exactly at 22c and frost free by the time we got to going out

2. Fairline

Fairline New Member

Not used this yet in my MX P100D. How long does it take to get up to temperature and does it use much power in doing so?

3. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

It only takes a few minutes to heat up, same amount of time as if you jump into the car cold and start driving.

It uses some power, the heater is 6 kW if I remember correctly, but it probably won’t run at full capacity for very long, depending on outside temperature of course.
    If you are connected to a charger, it will draw power from that, instead of the battery.

It is really one of my favorite features on the car, especially here in Scandinavian winter!