Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preference for CPO or Private Party sale owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. It’s my understanding that current Tesla (S/X) owners will benefit from some sort of preference (given priority) when M3 deliveries occur.

My question is, does that only apply to owners that purchased their current Tesla ‘brand new?’ Or, does it apply to ‘new-to-me’ owners that purchased their Tesla via the CPO program or from a private party?

Thank you

I predict it would be any Tesla owner who is registered in Tesla's system as an owner. Meaning, if I bought a Tesla from my neighbor and somehow Tesla's system does not show me as the owner then I would not receive the preference/benefit about which you are asking.

I am pretty sure as long as you are an owner in the system, you should be good. The whole point of this is having an early customer base who understands the car, and what it takes to own an Electric car. There will be growing pains for sure, so they want an understanding group of early owners.

Insofar as you can trust what any Tesla employee other than Elon says, it is owners of any kind. Both my CPO adviser and DS confirmed this. As long as there is a Tesla on your My Tesla page, you are an owner.

I am pretty sure as long as you are an owner in the system, you should be good. The whole point of this is having an early customer base who understands the car, and what it takes to own an Electric car. There will be growing pains for sure, so they want an understanding group of early owners.

I think it is also, very much intended as a reward for brand loyalty.

Scannerman