Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 (Private Sale) + Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So from looks of it can only get Tesla insurance via the Tesla App. But in order to even get a quote in the app you must have at least one Tesla in account. I am looking to buy a USED Model 3 Performance via Private Sale. When I do that I see in order to even add the vehicle I have to submit vehicle registration but Nevada DMV have to provide proof of insurance.

So there my dilemma cant add to account to get insurance without being registered but cant register without insurance...

So anyone out there ever got Tesla insurance with a Private Party purchase? What's the process?

currently do not have insurance... I was in Colorado for a year. So I had cancelled registration/insurance on my truck and motorcycle and put them in storage while I was gone.

Did you still have some form of insurance for the truck and motorcycle if the storage facility burned down or broken into?

You can always sign up with some other insurance company to buy the car and then switch to Tesla. There are no contracts with insurance so you can switch at any time.

Did you still have some form of insurance for the truck and motorcycle if the storage facility burned down or broken into?

You can always sign up with some other insurance company to buy the car and then switch to Tesla. There are no contracts with insurance so you can switch at any time.
Yes was called Home Owners Insurance.. since we’re in my garage..

Ya not into wasting money so not into paying like $300 to start insurance just for like 1 or 2 days then have to then pay Tesla Insurance more money to start..

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Yes was called Home Owners Insurance.. since we’re in my garage..

Ya not into wasting money so not into paying like $300 to start insurance just for like 1 or 2 days then have to then pay Tesla Insurance more money to start..

LOL, you don't know how home insurance works. It definitely doesn't cover car theft from your home.

And no, it doesn't cost $300 for 1 to days of insurance.

You're not very smart. Good luck.

Yea, not sure what to do with no current insurance. Tesla and help on the phone can be problematic.

Will you have a lien on the tesla? There are companies that will write liability only for dirt cheap if no lien.

Can you only get a quote on a car in your account? Someone could “share” their car and you can setup an account then they can remove it.

I personally wouldn't want to get car insurance from a company that can "see" my driving habits, so Tesla Insurance would be out of the question for me.

BUT... if I were in your dilemma, it wouldn't be much of a dilemma... just get insurance for one month from the cheapest provider you can find. Switch to Tesla Insurance once you have an account and if you decide it makes sense.

This isn't a difficult problem... just make it happen.