TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium Audio Settings

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by BustinJeebs, May 6, 2018.

1. BustinJeebs

BustinJeebs Member

Was tinkering around with the settings and I couldn't get it to match what my Mark Levinson system sounded like in my previous Lexus. I feel something is a bit off with the stereo, but I can't quite put a finger to it. Maybe it is the surround sound? What are some of your audio equalizer settings?

2. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

Not sure, mine is just playing wit stock settings. If you have any tips and tricks to make it sound the best it can, let us all know though. It sounds good to me, but I’m not really an audiophile.

3. BustinJeebs

BustinJeebs Member

I think the issue is the all around glass interior. Try to clap while in the drivers seat and it makes a tinny echo noise, which is what I am hearing from the speakers too.

4. Fernand

Fernand Member

FWIW, I measured frequency response at the driver position
    in my "premium" M3, using a calibrated mic w/ the Audio Tool app,
    and the stock settings are crowd-pleasers, but hardly flat. And
    the "subwoofer" actually pumps mostly in the 60 Hz region.

Here are the settings of the "tone" faders for the flattest frequency
    response compromise I've gotten so far, from Bass to Treble:

-3.0 +1.5 -1.0 0.0 0.0

I personally turn it a bit up on the treble-most fader, +1 to +1.5 instead of 0.
    But don't overdo it, it's better to tune by subtracting or you will saturate the
    circuitry and cause squashing and distortion.

If you want less of that 60 Hz bump, you'll have to sacrifice what little
    there is in the 20-40 Hz region by pulling that first Bass fader down
    even a bit more, like -4.5. But -3.0 is OK, it sounds pretty good on bass-
    heavy EDM etc.