Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity 1 year subscription during trial period

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You sure your Y came with a free Year? Pretty sure it’s 30 days.
Yes, it was an older order (day 1 reservation) I sat on for a looong time. Had a Model 3 and was on the fence about upgrading to the Y. When prices went up, my locked in order price made the upgrade more of a no-brainer. Must be what orion2001 said for my situation too... 1 year free subscription grandfathered with my old order.

Hah, yeah, it's been a long wait though it was somewhat intentional. Between working from home for the past couple of years and waiting to see if the infrastructure bill would happen, I delayed completing my profile (and my place in the order queue) till the end of October. We're still not driving a ton, and in the process I get the AMD chip upgrade while giving up passenger lumbar adjustments and whatever else got stripped out over the past year.
Yeah, but stuff got added too, like HEPA filter. More importantly, that same car is 13k more expensive today! Good thing you bought back then!
I also locked in on April 1 2021 at 50k.

Did it work as expected? Does it say your subscription renews in 1 year + whatever trial you had left?
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to lock in that $99/yr price. Just got a 2022 Y and has 1 year free so don't want to lose that.
Yes, it looks like it did. I received the following message from Tesla which I interpret to mean that my 1 year paid subscription will begin after my 1 year free trial runs out on July 22, 2022.

Premium Connectivity will be enabled after payment is processed.​
The complimentary period for Premium Connectivity expires on July 22, 2022. You will be auto-billed starting July 22, 2022.​

Reactions: LTskier
By the way, if you are still in trial with premium connectivity, and thinking about subscribing to 1 year plan, it is better to wait until trial expires, and then subscribes directly from the car. Doing this way you will get an extra month of trial before Tesla charges 1 year plan. If you subscribe via app, Tesla will charge right away and 1 year plan will start immediately. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but can't complain about a free month...

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up and rjpjnk