Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Expired Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone get a message that their Premium Connectivity Expired today? Located in Toronto, my billing cycle is the last day of the month. No charge for December went through due to New Year Long Weekend, but never had an issue before. Been working fine for 2 years now, no credit card changes either. Thanks

Could be a number of things like accidentally stopping it on the app, then it just runs out. I wish they would allow us to buy a year in advance, like our cousins, south the the 49th.

I wonder if there is some law in Canada that makes Tesla not want to offer a year subscription to you guys / gals? I seriously dont know, and am just throwing @##%@ at the wall, but is there some consumer facing law in Canada that says that if you subscribe to something for a year, then cancel, they have to offer a refund?

As a point of information, the year subscription is not refundable here. If you subscribe, then sell the car / car gets totaled, dont want it any longer, or anything else that makes you want to no longer have the subscription, the pre paid portion is not refundable.

If a company could be forced to refund the unused portion of the prepaid year, and they dont have to do it in other places, that would be one reason for not offering it.

Again, I am just throwing stuff at the wall, I have no idea if Canada has such a law.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
I wonder if there is some law in Canada that makes Tesla not want to offer a year subscription to you guys / gals? I seriously dont know, and am just throwing @##%@ at the wall, but is there some consumer facing law in Canada that says that if you subscribe to something for a year, then cancel, they have to offer a refund?

As a point of information, the year subscription is not refundable here. If you subscribe, then sell the car / car gets totaled, dont want it any longer, or anything else that makes you want to no longer have the subscription, the pre paid portion is not refundable.

If a company could be forced to refund the unused portion of the prepaid year, and they dont have to do it in other places, that would be one reason for not offering it.

Again, I am just throwing stuff at the wall, I have no idea if Canada has such a law.
There are no such consumer laws, IMHO.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
There are no such consumer laws, IMHO.

So, I just googled "refundable subscription, Canada" and the first hit I got was about what countries Microsoft subscriptions were refundable in, and Canada is listed (and you may also notice that the US is NOT listed).

So, I suspect that if Microsoft subscriptions are refundable there, so would Teslas be if they offered them. I am not a lawyer or anything though. I just think when trying to figure out why " so and so is like such and such" the answer is almost always tied to "money".