Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

premium connectivity expiring...a question (or more)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium connectivity will expire on 5/16/2020 I assume as that is one year from my purchase. Don't know if Telsa is exact with it's expiration.
I want to continue. Do I have to sign up for it before that date or can I do it any any date after that? Reason is, I am not driving at all these days and don't see why I should pay for it when not using it.
But...if I let it lapse and then sign up, will I lose all my favorites and saved stations in Slacker? I know I'm ok with TuneIn as I actually login with my own user, but Slacker uses some proprietary Telsa login associated with my car.

I let it lapse. Purchasing the reconnection was super easy. The reactivation wasn't immediate and it needed almost 36 hours which I thought excessive. I ended up soft rebooting after 24 hours and it eventually reconnected in stages. I say stages as I got the streaming music first, but I didn't have all the maps and traffic. Eventually those came back too.
So as long as you are willing to have a short period where you may or may not have it, you can let it lapse and purchase anytime.

I'm in the UK and bought directly from Tesla Nov 2019. My understanding was that premium connectivity should last a year from the date of purchase. Mine stopped approximately after 6 months. Tesla Uk support Birmingham were uncertain but thought it should last for a year. They told me to email [email protected] but my email was rejected. I phoned again and they gave me their own email address, saying they would forward to [email protected]. I have not heard back.

What experience of the length of time of premium connectivity in the UK have others had?

I'm in UK coming up to my first anniversary end of this month so expecting the bill for next year anytime soon but otherwise premium package still going strong. I also bought direct from Tesla (Leeds) although it was a new but existing inventory vehicle I was offered in the end for a decent discount. I also had zero joy trying to get my free supercharging out of them after I managed to put the referral code in the wrong order while placing the order on the website- no warnings from the system I had done it wrong until my first visit to a supercharger, otherwise I would have just cancelled and started again. My point is they don't seem very interested in customer satisfaction or even responding to emails at least here in the UK. I was given a different email address for my specific query [email protected] by my service centre but didnt even get a polite "no" in response to two separate attempts. In answer to your question though, 6m connectivity from new I would say is definitely not what you have paid for and I'm sure I've seen it written down somewhere in my paperwork as 12m from purchase. I don't suppose your car was also existing inventory and possibly registered 6m earlier that might have triggered the switch?