Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity in SR+ After installing 2020.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I noticed some SR+ owners reported seeing live traffic and sat maps, while others only got free streaming services. Personally, i'm in camp 2, I've had the free streaming service (youtube, netflix, spotify) since V10 update, but i've never seen the sat maps and live traffic. I'm currently on 2019.40.50.7, my car is HW2.5 (with FSD option) built in May 2019.

Can those with sat maps/live traffic SR+ confirm if they are on HW3.0, and build date? Just wondering why there would be a disparity in what is enabled...

Hey guys, I noticed some SR+ owners reported seeing live traffic and sat maps, while others only got free streaming services. Personally, i'm in camp 2, I've had the free streaming service (youtube, netflix, spotify) since V10 update, but i've never seen the sat maps and live traffic. I'm currently on 2019.40.50.7, my car is HW2.5 (with FSD option) built in May 2019.

Can those with sat maps/live traffic SR+ confirm if they are on HW3.0, and build date? Just wondering why there would be a disparity in what is enabled...

HW3, Aug 2019. Have sat maps/live traffic. I assume you saw the posts further up the thread about needing to toggle them on using the icons in the bottom right of the map? You may need to hide the music bar to see the icons.

HW3, Aug 2019. Have sat maps/live traffic. I assume you saw the posts further up the thread about needing to toggle them on using the icons in the bottom right of the map? You may need to hide the music bar to see the icons.

Oh, you make a good point, I will hide the music bar today and see if I have the toggle. I almost always have the music bar at the bottom.

Thanks.

Oh, you make a good point, I will hide the music bar today and see if I have the toggle. I almost always have the music bar at the bottom.

Thanks.

Based on my observation, this is what you do to see the "toggle bar":

Go in the car, don't do anything, and wait the nav to come on and you should see the toggle bar on the far right side just above whatever tab you got below be it music or whatever.

Many of us have the habit to slam on the brake as soon as we enter the car and keep our feet on it until we are ready to go.

But I remember that on my car, HW2.5 btw... if you get ready to go, that toggle bar would disappear as it's not meant to be operational during drive I think.

You don't need to get rid of the music bar, unless you've got it filling up the whole screen (at which point I wouldn't call it a 'bar' hahaha). Just tap the map anywhere, which brings up a bunch of icons on the bottom right of the screen. The traffic light gets you live traffic, the globe gets you sat maps (and the lightning bolt is supercharger/destination charger locations, but that's not 'new'). I got the live streaming/youtube etc... with that crazy update a while back (was it v10?). But more recently just happened to be looking for superchargers and noticed the other icons appeared. I've got HW2.5

Based on my observation, this is what you do to see the "toggle bar":

Go in the car, don't do anything, and wait the nav to come on and you should see the toggle bar on the far right side just above whatever tab you got below be it music or whatever.

Many of us have the habit to slam on the brake as soon as we enter the car and keep our feet on it until we are ready to go.

But I remember that on my car, HW2.5 btw... if you get ready to go, that toggle bar would disappear as it's not meant to be operational during drive I think.

I can confirm the satellite map and live traffic does indeed work on my HW 2.5. You are correct, the moment the car starts driving it disappears. If i tap the map, it will bring the icons back, but only for a few seconds before they fade away again. I guess I never really noticed cuz there's not much to look at in the lower right corner of the screen. I'm usually more focused on the left and top of the screen. Thanks for the help!