Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity Included - SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Just randomly did a hard reboot (break and buttons) and for some reason I had a look at the software tab and noticed this?

My premium connectivity is included

Oh and 1 mile to 15k lol!

IMG_20200511_135844_MP~2.jpg

Reactions: CMc1 and Roy W.
Similar here. August 2019 order and collection.

• I was on 2020.8.3
  • On the day the announcement came out (18 April) I had the email from Tesla and could see the option to subscribe in My Tesla account. Clicking on it gave me the option to subscribe. I didn't do that at that point. In my car management page it showed the 18 May expiry date.
  • It took a few days before anything showed up in car but a few days later, in the Software tab, it showed the 18 May expiry my account showed.
  • About one week after this, the option to buy the subscription disappeared from my online Tesla account and the account showed Premium Connectivity as "Free Unlimited". However my in car display still showed 18 May expiry.
  • I made a support request with Tesla who replied: Hi Andrew there a few issues with this as up until now you couldn't subscribe to this and the date the subscription process starts is the 18 May. Your car has premium connectivity for the 1st 12 months hence why this is still working. There will be an update shortly which hopefully should remove this message . Thank You Tesla Service
  • I was confused a bit here as, ostensibly, I shouldn't have a year as I'm in an SR+ but OK.
  • 2020.12.11.1 finally hit my car so I thought I'd see if that resolved the issue
  • It did not - the option to buy the subscription still was not visible on my online Tesla account and the account showed Premium Connectivity as "Free Unlimited" and my in car display still showed 18 May expiry.
  • However, just the other day, my car screen randomly updated to reflect the same "Free Unlimited" option.

So I have no idea what's going on. The original email and all of the options online made it clear I would need to pay from 18 May 2020 onwards. However I know, from the other thread, that there was a push to get Tesla to extend our premium connectivity as it wasn't clear at the time of purchase so perhaps that's gained some traction?