Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Interior Rear Foot well Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a premium interior 2018 model 3, but I just realized I don't seem to have the rear foot well lights, or at least I can't find them. I got new LEDs I was going to put in. Connected them to the front foot well lights and moved on to the back and found there weren't any I could see. When in the dark and all the other ambient lighting is on I see no evidence of lights down there at all. So where should they be exactly, if at all. Im pretty sure the premium interior is supposed to have them right? If I end up having to plug in my own brackets can anyone tell me where theyre supposed to be plugged in at? Or point me to some guide that will walk me through it. I've been looking around but haven't found any answers.

So I have a premium interior 2018 model 3, but I just realized I don't seem to have the rear foot well lights, or at least I can't find them. I got new LEDs I was going to put in. Connected them to the front foot well lights and moved on to the back and found there weren't any I could see. When in the dark and all the other ambient lighting is on I see no evidence of lights down there at all. So where should they be exactly, if at all. Im pretty sure the premium interior is supposed to have them right? If I end up having to plug in my own brackets can anyone tell me where theyre supposed to be plugged in at? Or point me to some guide that will walk me through it. I've been looking around but haven't found any answers.
unfortunately, there is no rear footwell lighting. I'm planning on tapping into the center console 12v and running the wiring in the center console and then under the front seats. I haven't done it yet but pretty sure i've got to get a splitter for the connector (that is used on the replacement LEDs) so that I can run lights on both sides.

If you pull the center console side panel off on the passenger side you can find the connector by finding the brown wire. Currently, the cubby light is connected but a splitter can be connected into this.

unfortunately, there is no rear footwell lighting. I'm planning on tapping into the center console 12v and running the wiring in the center console and then under the front seats. I haven't done it yet but pretty sure i've got to get a splitter for the connector (that is used on the replacement LEDs) so that I can run lights on both sides.

If you pull the center console side panel off on the passenger side you can find the connector by finding the brown wire. Currently, the cubby light is connected but a splitter can be connected into this.

Ah okay interesting. I could of sworn I saw model 3s with rear foot well lights but I guess that's not the case. Cool thanks for letting me know! Glad I'm not missing parts haha. I definitely want to add some, your idea sounds good.