Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Change on my Account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this was brought up in other threads when the initial price increase occurred, but I just noticed today that my total amount due has increased (I checked my account yesterday, and the initial agreement price was shown). Does anyone know if older orders now have to pay the new pricing structure?

The black paint now says $1000 (was $750 when I ordered), and the $500 increase can be seen as well (from $3,990 to $4,490 for SR+).
Ordered Oct. 8th

Those should be credited back. A number of people posted the same thing happened to them and Tesla made the adjustments to honor the price you were quoted when you placed the order. The down side is you will need to get someone at Tesla to answer their phone so you can request the adjustment.

The price of the car went to $39490 and my delivery time increased 5 fold. This is simple not a way to run a business.
I have to fight two items the price and the all of sudden increase in delivery time since I have already been waiting 3 weeks.

I put my $2500 deposit on Oct 7 2019 and the price for model 3 Sr+ Was $38990 Delivery 2-3 weeks. I have been waiting patiently for vin and delivery. This morning checking on my order the price went up to $39490 and now a 6-10 week wait. Tesla can’t do that but that is what is in my account. how is Tesla getting away with this price change after an order is placed. Sounds like a lawsuit. Are there others that this has happened to as well? If so a class action lawsuit is warranted.

This has happened on others as well. Tesla will sort it out and you will be only charged your originally agreed on price.

Website wait times are estimates. Looks like they have updated your estimates.

They had a big push to get all possible deliveries done in N. America prior to end of Septenber. Were focusing on 2 week deliveries at that time.

Most inventory and production after EOQ have been routed to Asia and Europe to handle the tremendous demand over there.

Towards the end of the year, Tesla will again be focusing on N. American deliveries.

This has happened on others as well. Tesla will sort it out and you will be only charged your originally agreed on price.

Website wait times are estimates. Looks like they have updated your estimates.

They had a big push to get all possible deliveries done in N. America prior to end of Septenber. Were focusing on 2 week deliveries at that time.

Most inventory and production after EOQ have been routed to Asia and Europe to handle the tremendous demand over there.

Towards the end of the year, Tesla will again be focusing on N. American deliveries.

I think all “prices” that were originally agreed upon have been changed. It’s perfectly legal, though tacky business practice to do so.

If website wait times are estimates, then they really blew it on many of us. I was quoted “2-3 weeks” until yesterday. Obviously they made a mistake of a month or two?!

Most EOQ activity has been overseas for a while now. But this quarter may have overseas deliveries goon and on and on. I guess that Europeans are more profitable than Americans - so Tesla is chasing the gold.

Most of us are just dealing with all this because Tesla still makes the best EV. But if/when they have competition, they’d better learn customer service very quickly!

We have seen tons of evidence indicating current North America production in Fremont, and such has been the case for sometime. There are postings here and the spreadsheet indicating October build dates for MY 2020 being assigned VINs and delivered. Clearly overseas production is not going on and on.

I texted my SA to get to bottom of this. My was ordered on 10/9 at $38,990 with the SR+ at $3,990. Now it shows as $4,490. It's $950 different. It could just be computer problem.

I can live with the delivery delay but this price change is not an honorable way for Tesla to do business legal or not.