Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just a lessons and learnt for me, will never never never buy a brand new Tesla model in the first year. I was planning to book a cybertruck, now I am happy that I didn’t pay even for the $100 reservation fee. Will never be an early adopter for Tesla again, never.
The best way to guarantee satisfaction with this mindset is to only purchase immediately after a price reduction, and this is a valid strategy.

I think this price drop is to quick and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth They should offer something to the people who just got delivered in the last couple weeks.

Everyone needs to quit crying. Does it suck....yes, but if Tesla raised prices by 3k and you just took delivery, would you be willing to pay 3k more? Tesla could argue the same thing...come on Mr. Customer, you just took delivery...we really need to get another 3k from you. You bought the car at the agreed upon price.

Sure glad Im waiting to buy my Model Y...I literally just test drove one in Cincy this past weekend. Im gonna wait til year end and see what happens...maybe another decrease or other promotions for year end push, if I end up buying it at all. Love the tech, but the fit and finish is really not up to par. My 35k outback has better fit an finish and a better ride IMHO. Maybe just keep outback and wait for cybertruck. I can pay 60k for model y that is slower and 200 less range or pay 69k for tri motor cybertruck..

Does anyone know how to "chat" with Tesla on their site?? It keeps being mentioned here, but I don't see a chat feature. I do see the ability to ask a question and it emails them, which I did, but no response yet.

I got my VIN assigned probably a day before this announcement. I REALLY do not want to cancel after finally receiving a VIN after months of waiting. I don't understand why Tesla hasn't automatically updated all existing orders that have not received cars with the new price. There is no ability for me to edit my order as well. There's no way I'll not get the price drop if I haven't even picked up the car yet, even though I have an assigned VIN, right? Ugh

Does anyone know how to "chat" with Tesla on their site?? It keeps being mentioned here, but I don't see a chat feature. I do see the ability to ask a question and it emails them, which I did, but no response yet.

I got my VIN assigned probably a day before this announcement. I REALLY do not want to cancel after finally receiving a VIN after months of waiting. I don't understand why Tesla hasn't automatically updated all existing orders that have not received cars with the new price. There is no ability for me to edit my order as well. There's no way I'll not get the price drop if I haven't even picked up the car yet, even though I have an assigned VIN, right? Ugh

at 11AM EST go to this website and click on the chat icon.

Tesla Delivery Day

Seems like some kind of thank you is in order for helping Q2 results by taking delivery of a Y at what is now a $3K premium. At least some free supercharging and/or free premium connectivity? It's only been 4 months since Y deliveries began, less the month of COVID shutdown, which probably means Tesla knew this price drop was coming a while ago. Come on, throw us a bone.