Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After many years on the waiting list I finally found a company willing to sell me two Powerwalls.

The provisional quote is $26,000. This is a lot more than the $6,500 per power wall that was promised by Musk. Is this really what everyone has been paying?

My install is fairly simple. I need one new 100 amp sub pannel but everything else is really straight forward.

Forum, please help.

Going through third parties seems to always be a lot more expensive than Tesla. The price direct from Tesla (provided they do installations in your area) is much lower. Tesla has seemed to be willing to absorb some of the installation cost to get an installed base.

Tesla's price has been slowly drifting up, but I understand they still will usually install for about $2,000 or so, so the total current price should be around $16,500.

For reference, my two-Powerwall system was installed this February for $13,800.

Tesla is focusing on large chunks of Powerwall installs and grid storage, so the line for getting a Powerwall directly from Tesla is quite long(especially in Chicago).

If your need is for backup in power outages and it's urgent, you might want to look elsewhere. Certainly don't pay some scumbag that much to install a $13k battery.

Tesla pricing is straightforward:
$13,400 2 Powerwalls
$1,100 Supporting H/W (includes Tesla Gateway)
$1,300 Sales tax at 10% (for simplicity) for delivered hardware above
$150 permits
$1000-$3000 installation (1st PW)
$100-$200 installation 2nd PW
$3500 main panel upgrade (padding number with this)
Range: $17,200 ~ $23,000 total thereabouts.

Some of the quotes provided by posters above are from the old original pricing when PWs were $5500 each, H/W was $700, installation $800, 2nd PW $100, main panel $2500. Hidden in-the-wall conduit, and pouring a concrete pad are additional line items.

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid