Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price rises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have long term supply contracts. Such contracts might have some uplift built in, something like 10%.

Car selling prices: Tesla honour the original price or the current price. There were lots of low-price orders that are working through the system, so newer deliveries are at a higher price.

Demand is high, lagacy OEMs can't seem to make cars, big delays for ICE and EVs. This leads to higher demand, and this might lead to higher prices to stop Tesla backlogs building up too much.

Tesla are nimble, can redesign to use more available chips.

Gordon "Clown" Johnson said it would push up Tesla prices by 2% - so that seems to be the high end as he's an anti-Tesla cherry-picker

Did they increase the price of the model 3 LR but leave the price of the model Y LR the same? Is there a camelcamelcamel equivalent for Tesla?
Yes seems so.

They are unlikely to increase the Y pricing at the moment until they have shifted all the ones already on the way and the fact that it’s only just been launched. I do expect a price increase this year though

Reactions: BobBert123
How long can you defer a reservation?

Will probably want to get a MY in 4-5 years, can I put £100 down now and lock the price in? 😂
You can certainly try, the £100 is apparently refundable as it is a distance selling transaction that has not been fulfilled (not tried but sounds legit).

This forum has lots of cases of people getting the £100 back. So worst case scenario you should only end up out some time even if you fail.

I was originally planning on ordering a Y for delivery next March when the lease on my E-Niro ends. I rang up my lease company and they said due to the second hand car market it would cost me nothing to end my lease early.
So Model Y in Artic Silver ordered! Delivery July! I am more than excited!

Reactions: Mrklaw