Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price to upgrade to FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price will go down when they want more takers, whether for revenue purposes or just to increase the number of cars for testing. The first opportunity for that is end of this month but I’m not sure they intend to pull anymore demand levers beyond what they’ve already done (incentives for sales/delivery employees and free supercharging).

I doubt the price will go up until FSD is feature-complete AND working well - basically blowing people’s minds. Just my opinion.

I have EAP and am highly annoyed that pricing has shifted. FSD went on a promotion for those with EAP for $2,000. HOWEVER, this was only for a short time and it was up to me to monitor the internet for the sale. So... I missed out.

Ironically, it was to show good will towards those with EAP. This promotion would have been better rolled out if a notification was sent either to the car, app or via email.

Would like to be included in a promotion that was specifically designed towards EAP adopters.

Not happy

Reactions: Jomak
I have EAP and am highly annoyed that pricing has shifted. FSD went on a promotion for those with EAP for $2,000. HOWEVER, this was only for a short time and it was up to me to monitor the internet for the sale. So... I missed out.

Ironically, it was to show good will towards those with EAP. This promotion would have been better rolled out if a notification was sent either to the car, app or via email.

Would like to be included in a promotion that was specifically designed towards EAP adopters.

Not happy
what price do you see for FSD on your account

It will likely fluctuate for a while, possibly having another sale near the end of the quarter- although the likelihood of an end of quarter sale has diminished significantly now that Tesla has performed another capital raise. But the key trend to watch for is that FSD will go UP in price once it's feature complete and starts to actually be a product. FSD is essentially "vaporware" today (except advanced summon and NoA) and will require actual, value-added functionality before it inflates. But, it will, eventually, go up because once it's fully functional, it's worth more than they are charging today! The timeline is in "Elon time", so I can't tell you when....