Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
64F27FC3-0F87-48EB-BA5E-0FE5DB304D13.jpeg

Reactions: P85_DA
Wow when did they stop doing the refurbishing?

I actually just put a deposit on a cpo model s from Tesla and the pictures were sent to me of the actual car yesterday and the car has some serious cosmetic flaws (very bad road rash on the wheels, multiple scratches, bumper guard is pretty trashed). Ironically I just emailed the sales associate to see if these would be fixed.

Funny, it was my understanding that Tesla had "first pick" on most used vehicles (lease returns or trade-ups) and sent the others out to auction. As such, it would seem that they would only take the very best. I just passed on a 2015 P85D with 28K miles and carbon package, 21" smoke turbine rims, insane mode, AP and a bunch of other options at $68K...still not sure if it was a good move but the dealer gave me the creeps.

Funny, it was my understanding that Tesla had "first pick" on most used vehicles (lease returns or trade-ups) and sent the others out to auction. As such, it would seem that they would only take the very best. I just passed on a 2015 P85D with 28K miles and carbon package, 21" smoke turbine rims, insane mode, AP and a bunch of other options at $68K...still not sure if it was a good move but the dealer gave me the creeps.

Model S 85D 5YJSA1H29FF087196 | Tesla

It was a good move, you will never be able to buy an extended warranty for that car since a dealer is selling it. Find a car through Tesla or a private party with CPO.

It was a good move, you will never be able to buy an extended warranty for that car since a dealer is selling it. Find a car through Tesla or a private party with CPO.
Problem is, I pay no tax on a sale from a private dealer or private party but Tesla wants to charge tax despite my having dealer's license, so it costs me almost $5K more to buy from Tesla. That was a consideration but the car still had 13 months of warranty left on it.

Why don't you sell the roadster. Tesla will fist you on trade in.

And heeelllloooooooo I have a white P85D for sale :rolleyes:
It is very, very nice but I believe you are asking $65.5 (non negotiable).
I was looking a bit lower mileage/price, are you now negotiable?
I was also just considering a 2015+ straight P85 or 60/70/85.

As far as the roadster goes, as I wrote, they want to charge sales tax,
so if I want to buy one of theirs, I would have to trade against the
purchase to eliminate that tax. Might buy at auction and then trade in, LOL.