Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with keys and profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong!

There's almost a foot difference in height between my wife and me, so realistically, I'm unable to sit in the car when it's adjusted for her profile. Unfortunately, while we have correctly set up our profiles and linked them to our keys, the car is often refusing to recognize which profile it should be using. (To make matters worse, she finds the Easy Exit position difficult to her to use for entry and exit, so does not have it attached to her profile)

In fact, there have been times when I've been driving, and my wife gets into the car, and car adjusts to her profile.

Even if we ensure that only one of us in the car has his/her key, it doesn't resolve everything: while the car's in our driveway, it often will not automatically adjust to my profile when I open the door.

Tesla had me drive to their service centre, and the technician said he tested both keys, and both worked as expected. While the car worked as expected for a week or two after that, it's back to not cooperating.

Anyone else had this issue? If so, were you able to get it resolved?

Thanks!

We are having a somewhat similar problem with our X that started recently. It no longer switches profiles when we go into the car with our respective fobs; instead it stays on the last profile that was selected. Since she uses Easy Exit and pushes the seat way back, when I get into the car it and stays on her profile, I feel like I'm in a compactor (since she's shorter and keeps the seat closer to the wheel). I've got a service visit for that car coming up, so I hope they'll be able to fix it.

FWIW, I have detacted and re-attached the fobs to profiles, but it hasn't made a difference. And this only started in the last 6 weeks. I don't have the problem on my S.

We are having a somewhat similar problem with our X that started recently. It no longer switches profiles when we go into the car with our respective fobs; instead it stays on the last profile that was selected. Since she uses Easy Exit and pushes the seat way back, when I get into the car it and stays on her profile, I feel like I'm in a compactor (since she's shorter and keeps the seat closer to the wheel). I've got a service visit for that car coming up, so I hope they'll be able to fix it.

FWIW, I have detacted and re-attached the fobs to profiles, but it hasn't made a difference. And this only started in the last 6 weeks. I don't have the problem on my S.

This is the behavior I have always gotten with my S ! After mutiple tries re-setting the fobs, I have long given up and now change manually on the main screen on the rare occasion I drive after my wife (I probably drive the car 90% of the time). I might try and get this fixed during my 2-years upcoming service visit but this is low on my list.

Same problem here. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not; I could not find a way to reliably reproduce this (wrong) behaviour consistently.
Mentioned it to my ranger, but he couldn't solve it.
When it happens, I simply manually set my position again. Fortunately there isn't much difference in our seats positions, so not a big deal for me.