Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profile quirks in new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of a new Model S, which is currently on build 2023.12.9. I'm having some issues with driver profiles, and I'm wondering if others are seeing the same, and if it's specific to a certain build.

Before I took delivery, I created a cloud profile in my wife's Model 3 (which is owned by my Tesla account) so that I could transfer settings to the new S. My old 2018 S didn't support cloud profiles, so I couldn't create one there. When I took delivery, I accessed the cloud profile to get my settings (which worked well), then I created a new local profile because I didn't want sync future changes with my cloud profile.

Here's the issue: many times (but not always) when I get in my car, it switches from my local profile to my cloud profile, even though I've linked my local profile to my phone multiple times. Note that I don't use Easy Entry, and I'm the only driver, so my wife's phone doesn't have access to my car. I'm using my phone, not the key card, to access the car in all cases, and I don't have a key fob.

Any ideas why this is happening? Sometime my wife's Model 3 switches to the wrong profile when I get in her car, but I assumed this was because the car was detecting both of our phones at the same time, and both phones are linked to our profiles.

Update: My wife's Model 3, which is running 2022.45.15, is also exhibiting the same issue. In that car I'm using my cloud profile, but the car will sometimes switch to my wife's profile, and then when I change it back it asks if I want to link my cloud profile to my phone (which I've already done many times). In addition, when this happens (in either car), I've noticed that Sentry Mode is on, even though it's not supposed to be when parked at home.