Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Scheduled Home Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have a 2016 Model S and charge at home with a schedule that starts at 11 pm (using a 240 wall outlet and Mobile Connector). Since a few days ago (perhaps coincidentally after receiving update 2020-48.12.1) I started seeing a strange problem. Once the scheduled charge is successfully completed (I charge up to about 80%), then by around 2:00 am, the car attempts to start a new charge cycle, but since I’m up to the charge limit set point, the scheduler stops. But again, a few minutes later the same sequence repeats itself. Per text messages I see in the mornings, this goes on all night till around 5 am every night!!! See the attached image.

I have stopped the scheduler and reported the problem to Tesla. They are checking if there is a firmware fix for this. I can charge normally and on demand without a schedule with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this? I did a quick search, but didn’t see a posting. Appreciate a pointer if this is a known issue.

Attachments

• 224B1F19-1BD9-4F38-A327-E84EF05316DD.png
    224B1F19-1BD9-4F38-A327-E84EF05316DD.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 168
It sure looks like a bug. I’ve used the opposite scheduler tool, Depart At Time, numerous times prior to FW update and it works great. To troubleshoot, try setting departure 1-2 hours prior to when you want to leave. Then check for multiple restarts after scheduled departure time. Report that information to Tesla because entire Scheduler may have flaw.