Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone managed to resolve it?

My software update is still in a limbo and I am on 2019 version.

You need to get that sorted ASAP. Pre Covid, Tesla were planning on turning off their legacy network in iirc May. If you were not on a version of software that supported the new network, you were stuffed, your car would lose connectivity. The versions that supported the new network came out late 2019. How late I can't remember, but lets say around end Nov/Dec.

If you have not fixed your download issue, try rebooting the access point that the car connects to, also change wifi channels - both sorted things for us.

Failing that, raise a service appointment before its too late and it potentially becomes an even bigger problem. Not everyone has access to wifi, they can work within that limitation.

• Informative
Reactions: piotroek
Thanks everyone. Called Tesla and operative created dedicated software appointment for me. 30 min later got text from technician saying that he is pushing an update as my previous update got stucked in a loop.

I could not do it via app as I have already appointment to rectify some pre delivery problems - added software to it but it was not picked up separately.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-155840_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200429-155840_Tesla.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Durzel
As an aside, if you change the parameters of your delivery appointment by adding additional "sections" (e.g. software, etc) you will probably find it wants you to rebook the date, with the original date being unavailable. I discovered this recently when I tried to add something to my existing appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: piotroek
As an aside, if you change the parameters of your delivery appointment by adding additional "sections" (e.g. software, etc) you will probably find it wants you to rebook the date, with the original date being unavailable.

I have seen that, but kept playing with what was going on as my booking had already been put back several months and I was going to be damned if it was going to happen again. I managed to prevent the change of date (until covid intervened), but it took a bit of juggling with what categories that I was changing.

That seems to be very much dependent either on type of category added or number of categories. Its almost as if the booking system keeps track of what it thinks can be achieved in the original appointment and once that is exceeded, it wants you to book a different date that can accommodate the whole list.

• Informative
Reactions: piotroek and Durzel