Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proceed with 2016 MODEL X order or wait for 2017 model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just put my order on ho
So you could get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul?

Sorry, another thread topic running into this one! :p:cool:;)

Why wait? The sooner you buy, the sooner you drive!

Seriously though, Tesla doesn't do yearly upgrades like most manufacturers. Tesla upgrades as they have stuff ready to go. See the most recent 100 battery upgrade. Was it part of the 2017 roll out? Nope. Neither will the AutoPilot 2.0 hardware (anticipated to be the next big upgrade). Just do it!

Cheers!

Waiting for a 2017 X doesn't make sense - Tesla doesn't really do model years as such.

If you wanted to wait for a 100 kWh battery or for second generation Autopilot, that could make sense, maybe.

Honestly, unless you have an amazing car already or specifically need those features for some reason, I'd suggest buying now; the car is great and the experience will continue to get better - and we have no idea how long you'd be waiting...

Thanks for the fast replies. Your replies came in like lighting lol. Some how i posted twice and this one has not thread. my original is in the forum above this one under same title with my complete questions. I will try to delete this one

thanks

Everyone saying why wait. Go to sale section and see how many people post for sale and only mention year not month.

The general public aka the used car market (even if it's physiological) factors in years.

PLUS potential for new hardware. That being said I take delivery Tuesday :)

Reactions: Ormond
I'm waiting for the following reasons:
1. Battery pack with new cells from Gigafactory. They will have new one for sure after production starts in Nevada. Better cells - more performance expected even with the same 100kwh capacity.

2. New autopilot hardware.
3. Faster Nvidia chip - which they will use for autopilot processing as well.
4. Bugs fixing - it's first production year. I believe still lots of small bugs/prpblems in the car which they will fix soon.

Reactions: number12
I suggest you proceed to order the car you want. You can always wait for the next upcoming feature with Tesla. Model years are also not the same as other conventional car manufacturers. If you see yourself really wanting the next upgrades say autopilot 2.0, lease for 2 or 3 years.

Enjoy the car earlier when you order now.

Reactions: davidc18
whats in the 2017 Model to make you wait?
Keep in mind, Tesla doesn't do years. So there is no such thing as a 2016 nor 2017. They change stuff when they want to.
Correct. When it comes to making changes to their product, Tesla pays no attention to the calendar year. Changes are not made on a fixed schedule. Elon has stated the cars change every week, primarily little things that customers don't notice.

The only meaning a "2017 Tesla" has is that the car was built sometime during 2017. That is all.