Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a lot of cars!

I am anxiously awaiting my Roadster Sport VIN #1029. I ordered on IPO day (June 29th) and was told that delivery to Toronto, Canada would be about 8 weeks.

I am starting to get a little nervous about my estimated delivery date. I locked-in on July 29 (30 days later) and I am number #1076. They sold 47 cars in 30 days! After speaking with jaanton, it seems as though they were selling 1 car every 2 days prior to June 29. That is a sudden flood of orders. They need to hire some help over there so they can get me my car soon! :mad:

I am anxiously awaiting my Roadster Sport VIN #1029. I ordered on IPO day (June 29th) and was told that delivery to Toronto, Canada would be about 8 weeks.

It's getting close to that time but I think I am going to have to wait a little bit longer. Perhaps the release of the new 2.5 design may have caused some extra demand and delay. Does anyone know of someone who has taken delivery of the new 2.5 design?

It might not properly qualify as taken delivery, but I visited the London shop 26th of July and they had a 2.5 Roadster. As well as the matte black one outside. I'm pretty sure that was not someones car but a car intended for the showroom. I got to sit in it, and it even had the steering wheel on the wrong side (for me anyway :)

Cobos

No longer waiting:)
#970 arrived on 7/29!

Has anyone heard of delivery of a VIN higher than #970? The last one posted here was quite a while ago. I find it hard to believe that the people taking delivery are not reading this forum. ;-)

Addend: Oh No! Just got word. My end of September estimate just got pushed to second week in October!

Last edited:
Your funny KGB... I waited 2+ years for mine and that was with a 9 month 'push-back.' I'm just joshing with you. I know the waiting is hard! Pretend that you'll get it by Halloween and if it comes early you'll be that much happier! Enjoy!

When Cathy and I put down our deposit on Nov 30, 2006, we were told to expect delivery in January of 2008 and didn't get it until June 5, 2009, and we don't even hold the record for longest delivery wait or longest push back.

The latest VIN I know of in the Seattle area is in the mid 960's and we hear about deliveries pretty regularly with about half of the local owners joining our club/mailing list.

Last edited:
Ok, we get it: Tomsax and Dr. Taras were pioneering early adopters. They probably waited a couple years in line for the opportunity to plop down the cash and wait for the car. I was different... I had been following Tesla's progress for many years (I think it was since 2004), but in any case, one of the factors that lead me to plop down the cash was that the production time was down to around 6 weeks.

Anyhow, I find it hard to believe that the last US vehicle delivered was #970 on 7/29. Where are the updates? <whiny> This thread is a sticky... it is supposed to be updated often. c'mon. I'd rather have bad news than no news.

We know that Tesla has delivered cars in the past month... probably 40-60 of them. That means that those 40-60 Tesla owners don't read this forum... how can that be? This is the best forum on the web.

Last edited:
Anyhow, I find it hard to believe that the last US vehicle delivered was #970 on 7/29. Where are the updates? <whiny> This thread is a sticky... it is supposed to be updated often. c'mon. I'd rather have bad news than no news.

Okay, here's my latest news. I am awaiting delivery of VIN 1029 and I was informed last Thursday that Tesla was shipping my vehicle this week from Menlo Park. Oh and also...time to pay! As of today, it has now been 9 weeks since I placed my order.
I have been informally told that it takes "10 to 12 days" to ship it to Toronto but I have nothing definite about an actual arrival date.
The Toronto dealership has received a beautiful white 2.5 Roadster Sport for showing prospective clients and doing test drives but I don't know what VIN it is. I will update the forum when my "new baby" arrives. I know that current Tesla customers are waiting a lot less time for delivery then the original pioneers, but it is still both exciting and excrutiating counting the weeks until the opportunity to squeeze behind the wheel of our own Roadsters.

Okay, here's my latest news. I am awaiting delivery of VIN 1029 and I was informed last Thursday that Tesla was shipping my vehicle this week from Menlo Park. Oh and also...time to pay! As of today, it has now been 9 weeks since I placed my order.

Don't feel bad. I actually had Tesla delay my delivery, because otherwise I wouldn't have got the new $8,500 Ontario EV incentive. Since the car was registered on Day 1 of the program, I was actually the very first person in Ontario to get the rebate. I wasn't going to pass up $8500, but I'm sure you can imagine how excruciating that was, knowing my car was just sitting there waiting!

Just curious PM, did Hans tell you how many Roadsters have been sold / leased in Canada?

I have been informally told that it takes "10 to 12 days" to ship it to Toronto but I have nothing definite about an actual arrival date.
The Toronto dealership has received a beautiful white 2.5 Roadster Sport for showing prospective clients and doing test drives but I don't know what VIN it is. I will update the forum when my "new baby" arrives. I know that current Tesla customers are waiting a lot less time for delivery then the original pioneers, but it is still both exciting and excrutiating counting the weeks until the opportunity to squeeze behind the wheel of our own Roadsters.

I just got off of the phone with Sarah at the Toronto store. She informed me that to date, approximately 30 Roadsters have been sold / leased in Canada since the Federal Government approved the Roadster for sale.

I have a test drive booked for the new white 2.5 Roadster next Friday as it will be in Oakville (Canada) for an event showing. :biggrin::biggrin:

PM, I'll try to get the VIN number on the vehicle then.

...to date, approximately 30 Roadsters have been sold / leased in Canada

We have read about the first Canadian Roadster going to British Columbia and I am pleasantly surprised that about 30 have been sold in "The Great White North". I wonder how many of the 30 are still to be delivered as the Canadian rep, Hans, has been extremely busy promoting the car to a lot of very interested people. I have never seen a Roadster in the wild up here and my first sighting of a fellow Tesla sports car zooming down the road will be a great experience.

I was told by the Toronto dealership that my Roadster was shipped yesterday so it hopefully won't be very much longer for my turn to come.

It does seem surprising that this Forum has not heard much from the other first purchasers of the 2.5 design, whether the car has been delivered yet or not.

Enjoy the test drive, Jaff, I only got to see the 2.5 white beauty in a dimly lit parking garage, but it was still extremely lovely.

#970 delivered 7/29
#1026 delivered 35 days later on 9/1

that's 56 cars delivered in 35 days or 1.6 cars per day.

One possible problem with the math could be that the buyer of #970 looked like they were buying an existing, already built vehicle. That is why the delivery was so fast. The time to order a custom Roadster and take delivery is going to be longer.

KGB, I hope your car comes long before their middle of October estimate. I have had confirmation that mine was shipped September 1. I am visiting California right now but couldn't get close enough to visit Tesla HQ during this trip. Hopefully when I get back to Toronto the car will also be almost ready for delivery.

I have got a long lineup of people who have made me promise them a ride. Lots of people have heard of the vehicle and are interested in the experience.

One possible problem with the math could be that the buyer of #970 looked like they were buying an existing, already built vehicle. That is why the delivery was so fast. The time to order a custom Roadster and take delivery is going to be longer.

...I have had confirmation that mine was shipped September 1.

I recognize that the flaw in my math is that it doesn't take into consideration the different delivery times. I did the math to approximate my delivery time. That being said, your ship date of Sept 1 --- is in the ballpark --- of my estimates. When yours arrives, we can fine tune the estimate. It seems that 1.6 vehicles per day is a fair average. Some days they do more, some days less. Plus, delivery to NYC will be longer than delivery to Colorado. If people would post more info about when they get their cars, the additional data points would give us a better algorithm.