Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are other options besides Star Shield, btw.

Having some sort of paint protection is definitely a must - but one drawback to the Tesla factory one is that the cut outs never cover the entire panel. So the edge of the coating is visible, and attracts gunk like wax. This means if you car ever gets non-clear wax on it the Star Shield seams show up as white lines on your paint. This includes the wax that Tesla itself puts on the car when you take it in for service.

I have seen some owners who have a 3rd party clear paint protection which wrap the seams all the way behind each panel so they are not visible (and will not trap wax). I think it has been mentioned on the Owner's board before, and the one example I saw was very nice.

The Star Shield is great; I have a couple of spots where it has sacrificed itself for the paint and panel. As for lines, don't wax the car, use Zaino. Easier to use and looks better, just harder to get. Downside is having to take the wax off from when the car gets back from service.

Zaino

As for lines, don't wax the car, use Zaino. Easier to use and looks better, just harder to get.

I have to agree with the use of Zaino products. However, I don't find them that hard to get. Steve Paski has been a Zaino dealer for a long time and he recently opened up a detailing shop in Los Gatos (Deep Reflections). He carries the Zaino line in his shop. He also offers detailing seminars to car clubs. Anyone interested? I know I am.

Of course, I am a bit prejudiced since he was so happy with his detailing job on my Roadster that he decided to put a photo of it on his website next to his Corvette. Never knew the Roadster was so much larger than a Corvette! :smile:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20100719005101&newsLang=enTesla Roadsters Reach Five New Countries on Three Continents

First owners in Poland, Turkey, Japan, Hong Kong and Canada take delivery of world’s only electric sports car.

PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The first Tesla Roadsters have arrived in Poland, Turkey, Japan, Hong Kong and Canada in recent weeks as world’s leading electric vehicle maker rapidly expands its retail footprint.

“And now that I own a Tesla, I've found that not only is it efficient and beautiful – but it’s really, really fast!”

Tesla Motors (TSLA) has sold more than 1,200 Roadsters to customers in at least 28 countries. The Roadster accelerates faster than premium sports cars that cost twice as much, yet it produces zero tailpipe emissions and is twice as energy efficient as leading hybrids. It consumes no petroleum and plugs into conventional sockets throughout North America, Europe and Asia...
More than 1,200... I think number 1000 was some time in January.

ViewMedia?mgid=235860&vid=5&download=1.jpg

"Tesla’s first car in Japan went to serial entrepreneur and BizSeek founder Takao Ozawa."

Odd, I thought that Japan had right-side drive cars.

Was this delivered a long time ago before the UK cars became available?
Japan is RHD. Some Roadsters were first shipped there back in April and were originally reported to be RHD. But the type of person who gets a high end sports car in Japan typically prefers it to be foreign and LHD, and in fact all those cars were LHD.

Last edited:
Time for construction

I've reviewed the most recent pages in this thread, and some posters are repeating the company "official" wait time of around 6 weeks. What would be more helpful is that when people announce "VIN XXX arrived," if you would please also announce when you ordered it. That way we can get a feel for how long it really takes to get one delivered.

Thanks

#970 ordered about a week ago (7/14).
It is on the truck and due around 7/28!!
This one had been built and had actually just arrived in NY and was sent to Chicago where they checked it out and put it on a truck.
#6 in MN:)
Can't wait!!

Ordered a Arctic White roadster sport 2.5 today. vin #359 (europe)
Was on their stock list, delivery end of september

I got a copy of their stock list last saturday. On tuesday, atleast three roadsters from the list were sold, today i opted for another Arctic White, also sold..
Luckily there was another one #359 which -was- still for sale ;-)

I think it will depend. Is yours being built, or already done?
Mine had just been sent to NY, so it had to be shipped to Chicago, went through the final checkups,
and then sent to me. The beat the estimate delivery on my pre-lease agreement by one day.

Told "About 8 Weeks" for Delivery

...What would be more helpful is that when people announce "VIN XXX arrived," if you would please also announce when you ordered it. That way we can get a feel for how long it really takes to get one delivered.

Thanks

I am anxiously awaiting my Roadster Sport VIN #1029. I ordered on IPO day (June 29th) and was told that delivery to Toronto, Canada would be about 8 weeks.

It's getting close to that time but I think I am going to have to wait a little bit longer. Perhaps the release of the new 2.5 design may have caused some extra demand and delay. Does anyone know of someone who has taken delivery of the new 2.5 design?