Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Andrew,
if I have not mentioned before: 222 is a nice number :smile:

At the store opening in munich, which was a while ago, I was told that they also started selling the -non- signature edition european cars (EUR 10k cheaper at that time).
Its good to hear that they seem to be about through of that 250 signature series, but have we ever heard about the "normal" sales and their corresponding european VIN numbers?

Anyone have information on Roadster waiting time from purchase to delivery? Is TM selling all the vehicles they are producing or is there a backlog? Several articles indicate they have only sold 1000+ Roadsters, which we already knew! Trying to determine if Roadster sales have peaked or if there are many more potential buyers.

According to the IPO the backlog for the Roadster is about 100 cars right now.
If you want one custom the waiting time is 6-8 weeks.
If you like the options on one that is already in a store, then you can take delivery right away.

They have enough history and experience to know the most common colors and options, so they have stocked the stores with Roadsters that fit the most common requests.

I have the invoice at home with prices on it (not in front of me right now); which items are you interested in?

I got:

Roadster 2.5
Adjustable Suspension
Leather interior
Sport wheels (black)
Electronics Group
Minor features I am not remembering right now?

I didn't get:

Full Sport package
Carbon-fiber body accents
Hardtop
Extra charging accessories

Welcome & congrat's on your new roadster!

I'd recommend against the high-power (70A) charger; it's just overpowered and unnecessary. The 220v/40A plug-in charger is more than enough to refill the car overnight and has the benefit of being somewhat portable.

The other option I'd *really* recommend is the clear plastic "bra' coating. It works great at preventing nicks & dings which are otherwise inevitable on a car that rides so low to the ground. I think it can be done aftermarket as well...

ENJOY!!!

edit: I lived with the 110v charger exclusively for about 6 months. It's certainly doable, but far from ideal.

I think that the 220v comes standard now ("Universal Connector" as below)? That's what I understood to be the case when I asked about power stuff.

Here's what's on my quote sheet:

Roadster 2.5 $109,000
Destination Charge $1950
Paint $1000
Paint Armor $1495
Executive Leather Interior $7800
Electronics Group $4500
Floor Mats $150
Adjustable Suspension $4000
Universal Connector $1500
Sport Wheels (black) $2900

I think that the 220v comes standard now ("Universal Connector" as below)? That's what I understood to be the case when I asked about power stuff.

Here's what's on my quote sheet:

Roadster 2.5 $109,000
Destination Charge $1950
Paint $1000
Paint Armor $1495
Executive Leather Interior $7800
Electronics Group $4500
Floor Mats $150
Adjustable Suspension $4000
Universal Connector $1500
Sport Wheels (black) $2900

Congrats!

I'd say $1,500 for the Universal Connector is not "standard" :smile: but I agree it's the best charging solution. The paint armor is the best value you can get for the Roadster.
In the aftermarket world consider a Casner licence plate bracket that looks better than the stock front plate placement and more importantly does not drill holes in your bumper. Another accessory that I sell is the Tesla mesh top that makes driving in the summer a pleasent experience. Without a top the sun beats down and burns your face and who wants to drive with the top up in the summer? The mesh top actually makes the Tesla a better car.

By the way (and sorry for shouting here) TELL TESLA NOT TO MOUNT YOUR FRONT LICENCE PLATE!

Congrats!
Another accessory that I sell is the Tesla mesh top that makes driving in the summer a pleasent experience. Without a top the sun beats down and burns your face and who wants to drive with the top up in the summer? The mesh top actually makes the Tesla a better car.

By the way (and sorry for shouting here) TELL TESLA NOT TO MOUNT YOUR FRONT LICENCE PLATE!

Totally agreed on the plate.

I know it's somewhere on the forums here, but I can never find anything with the search tool. How about a shameless plug on how to buy that mesh top?

Doug

Shade Mesh Screen/net top

Totally agreed on the plate.

I know it's somewhere on the forums here, but I can never find anything with the search tool. How about a shameless plug on how to buy that mesh top?

Doug

Here is the thread:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php?t=4111
(Under Tesla parts.)

Here is the seller's email: EVJuice @ gmail .com (Delete the spaces which were added to foil some spammers.)

I am just a buyer of one of the tops.

Last edited:
The other option I'd *really* recommend is the clear plastic "bra' coating. It works great at preventing nicks & dings which are otherwise inevitable on a car that rides so low to the ground. I think it can be done aftermarket as well...

I've not seen the clear plastic "bra coating" offered as an option. By this you mean something other than the paint armor?

I'd also like to hear more about whether those who got the paint armor have found it effective.