Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Profound progress towards FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There aren't many things on this list anymore.

Also, I'm in your camp. I think FSD is basically impossible given our current NN technology. I don't believe it either, and I work with software and follow machine learning.

But I think Elon is well-aware of the details required for FSD. He thrives in detail and precision in all his endeavors, so it's difficult to believe he doesn't understand the FSD problem.

He absolutely understands the problem.

He just doesn't yet have a solution

Years after he claimed they had it figured out and would demo it shortly by driving it cross country.

There's lots of problems folks understand without actually having working solutions for.

While one is needed to get to the other, it's not instant transport.

Reactions: diplomat33
I understand the underlying physics of simply moving Mars closer to the sun. Solved?

Elon and Rutherford would probably say "yes" since they know what to do. They just don't know how to do it....yet. ;)

I would say "no" since I consider actually implementing a practical solution to be part of solving the problem. Simply knowing what you need to do, is not enough to solve a problem IMHO.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod