Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pros & Cons of Ordering Used MY Through Third Party?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am toying with the idea of ordering a low-mileage 2021 MY through a third-party dealer such as Vroom or Carvana. I have a 2021 MY LR | White | Black Interior | 5 Seat | 20" Induction | Tow | No FSD on order with an ever-changing EDD that is currently in September.

Being that I am new to Tesla and having heard of experiences with features being removed by Tesla for used models sold by third parties, I would love some feedback from this community.

Is it worth it to buy from someone other than Tesla? What things should I keep in mind if doing so? Should I just keep sticking it out on my original order?

Thanks for the help!

as long as it wasn't abused by the previous owner, I've had success with used cars, never bought from vroom or carvana though.

The issue for me is the interest rate financing a used car, your almost paying the same amount as new but the interest could be almost twice as much. That's really carvana's money maker is they finance the cars in house and usually at pretty high rates. If you can, buy it cash.

Reactions: snowchains
If you are considering buying used and cancelling your order, I wouldn't do that. Vroom's Long Range Ys range from $55,000 - $62,000. You would most likely pay less for a brand new vehicle and you would have the advantage of being the only owner.

• Helpful
Reactions: snowchains