Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prospective Model 3 Buyer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah. I reread. Your post started out fine. Warning OP that outdoor charging rates in winter might be insufficient. Then you went off on your rant about never wanting to use a supercharger except for road trip and how horrible it is. And, maybe it IS horrible for you... but on an occasional basis, most of us are fine with it.

Regardless, this is my last post on this off topic topic. You can have the last word if that’s important.

YMMV, but even if I had supercharging as my only option, I'd still buy a M3.

In no particular order:

1. One less ICE on the road
2. Supercharging is quick and convenient
3. Teslas are so much better than any other car I can think of. So well thought out, so fun to drive. I feel sad for my former ICE driving self

YMMV, but even if I had supercharging as my only option, I'd still buy a M3.

In no particular order:

1. One less ICE on the road
2. Supercharging is quick and convenient
3. Teslas are so much better than any other car I can think of. So well thought out, so fun to drive. I feel sad for my former ICE driving self

And also other EVs in the market has to rely on various charging network. (e.g. EVGO, Charge Point, Blink, etc.) Where as Tesla you have the option of all these networks and Tesla Superchargers and Destination Chargers. So You are also buying into Tesla's infrastructure.

Looking to get a Model 3 in Green Bay, WI before year end.

My commute is only 20 miles round trip and I don’t drive significantly outside of that. I live in an apartment complex and the only option is 120 volt outlets. Will this be sufficient for the time being? There is also a supercharger within 5 miles from my apartment. Will have a better option in 10-11 months at the end of this lease.

Also curious on insurance. Where has the community had good experiences with auto insurance for their Tesla’s? I’m a 23 year old male, so I’m expecting the insurance cost to be significant.

There are to many misleading statements regarding TESLA charging! As an owner of model 3 for over a year, I can charge my car at home on regular 110/120 V 15 amp wall outlet, on a 220 V 30 amp washer/dryer outlet or a have 240 V 50 amp wall unit installed. On my car I leave plugged in, but I can set what time I want the battery to start charging and at what percentage or mileage I want to stop. At a Tesla Supercharger, it all depend on the size of the supercharger there are 75 kw, 150 kw, 350 kw, etc supercharger stations. On the fastest one of which there are only two at present, charging is at 1,000 miles per hour. One does not have to charge the car to 80, 90 or 100%; you can go to a supercharger and only charge for 5 or 15 minutes just so get a desired range. Or, depending of the battery size and level, go get a bite to eat while it charges. Also, before going to a supercharger on the car one can check nearest supercharger, their status of how many superchargers are available, for example 8 of 14. In my case I also set up an account with Charge Point, when I first bought the car because I had range anxiety, I have never used it. Charging and range anxiety, now are the least of my worries, the car does everything. Just get acquainted with the car, read the manual, plan ahead and don't panic. LOVE TESLA MODEL 3!