Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protect Frunk or from the beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X will arrive during June. The first week of July we are driving to CA to spend two weeks at the beach, with our new Tesla.

I previously used rubber bins in the back of the Van. The van was so big, that it was easy to keep all of the sandy items in a tupperware and you could minimize sand in the front of the car. I already ordered a complete set of good floor mats (including frunk and trunk).

I would rather keep the sand in the frunk, to try and keep it away from the car. Is there protection that I can use for the frunk? Will plastic bins fit inside the frunk, to allow me to put sandy things inside?

My Model X will arrive during June. The first week of July we are driving to CA to spend two weeks at the beach, with our new Tesla.

I previously used rubber bins in the back of the Van. The van was so big, that it was easy to keep all of the sandy items in a tupperware and you could minimize sand in the front of the car. I already ordered a complete set of good floor mats (including frunk and trunk).

I would rather keep the sand in the frunk, to try and keep it away from the car. Is there protection that I can use for the frunk? Will plastic bins fit inside the frunk, to allow me to put sandy things inside?

The OEM weather-tech mats have a lip around them that catches sand; but you'll still get the sides dirty. Worst case the liner is removable and it's just a plastic tub in the frunk. If you still want to go the bin route, it's big enough to hold plastic bins; but because of the shape it'll be significantly limited if you stick with a square/rectangle bin.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J