Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Protect your Key - Silicone FobPockets now in stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the Stealth Black option, which has no ink, but the buttons (and windows) are still there. We're looking at some other options similar to what you're suggesting (maybe a hard plastic 'clamshell' case with silicone buttons), but they're not really in the design phase yet, so they're a long way off. The stealth black is exactly that, you don't really see the buttons unless you look from the side. It's the #2 seller after the Performance black option, that's about to go out of stock, but we'll have more before the end of the month.

To add my 2 cents, I have the plain black (witch etching) and it's not a distraction. It's also holding up very well, and unlike the cloth (like the USB holder) ones, they remain pretty clean.

Worth a shot!

Thanks Guys. I've been working on new options, there's some new leather FobPockets on the site now, and we're trying to get snazzy with the silicones, we've just added the "Bling Black" as a sparkly alternative.

small bling black.jpg

The silicones are a really popular item for us, and we might be making some traction with Tesla on them, although it's slow going.

Thanks Guys. I've been working on new options, there's some new leather FobPockets on the site now, and we're trying to get snazzy with the silicones, we've just added the "Bling Black" as a sparkly alternative.

View attachment 60461

The silicones are a really popular item for us, and we might be making some traction with Tesla on them, although it's slow going.

Pete, Are you working on some with the 'X' design? :wink:

Pete, Are you working on some with the 'X' design? :wink:

Seems unlikely that they'd make a chunkier version of the key for the X, but who knows, they might. Elon still seems quite proud of the key, the last interview on Fox Business started with him going over the look and function of the key. Regrettably I have no inside knowledge!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have an update on glow-in-the-dark reds?

They've not been able to formulate the GID red mix successfully. The samples I've seen came out very cloudy, and not in a cool tie-dye way, they just didn't look very good, and had a slightly different texture. We're still trying other formulations, but the feel/smooth texture is something I'm not going to compromise, it's one of the best things about the Silicone FobPockets.

They've not been able to formulate the GID red mix successfully. The samples I've seen came out very cloudy, and not in a cool tie-dye way, they just didn't look very good, and had a slightly different texture. We're still trying other formulations, but the feel/smooth texture is something I'm not going to compromise, it's one of the best things about the Silicone FobPockets.
Can you elaborate on the texture a bit?

The prototype GID red just had a slight roughness to it. The silicone range has a nice silky feel that everyone seems to loves, so it's important to keep the feel the same.
If you can make it feel like suede/alcantara....

Just out of curiosity, if you have any prototypes for sale I might be interested. (Odd collectible.)

If you can make it feel like suede/alcantara....

Just out of curiosity, if you have any prototypes for sale I might be interested. (Odd collectible.)

The prototypes have a hard life (kinda like the Apple bending 'test' facility, except it's just me and the kids pulling them around!), so they're not really much use. I'll keep pushing the GID Red variety, they're getting closer, but due to logistics each iteration takes around a month.