Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proximity Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How sensitive are you proximity sensors? I tried to use summon to park the car in a tight space, and it seems like the proximity sensor were preventing the car to come any closer than about 6-10 inches to an object. This is a problem when the object is to the side of the car, as the car should be able to park near a post, for example. It seems like in my case they are too conservative.

How sensitive are you proximity sensors? I tried to use summon to park the car in a tight space, and it seems like the proximity sensor were preventing the car to come any closer than about 6-10 inches to an object. This is a problem when the object is to the side of the car, as the car should be able to park near a post, for example. It seems like in my case they are too conservative.

You can adjust the configuration of Summon (see the configuration page), but generally Summon doesn't work that well, or at least takes some experience to adjust the conditions so that it works reliably.

The proximity sensors should not be relied upon to avoid hitting things. Do so will end in tears.

Reactions: KerryOH