Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSE Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sales tax exemption on the purchase of a Tesla expired at the end of June 2015. The new sales tax exemption legislation only applies to cars with a much lower price -- I don't recall the exact number.

Just got this reminder in the e-mail from PSE. The program is still running and according to the program rules and based on experience of forum members, any Tesla charger qualifies for $500 rebate (including the mobile charger that is the standard equipment with every Model S).
One per car though. At least that's my understanding. (Otherwise, I'd probably buy an additional "guest HPWC".)

This I'm aware of. Others above were referencing not paying sales tax on their HPWC's.
Sorry - that's now how I read your question.

The relevant law is here: RCW 82.12.816: Exemptions—Electric vehicle batteries and infrastructure. (Expires January 1, 2020.)

I read the purpose (RCW 47.80.090: Regional transportation planning organizations—Electric vehicle infrastructure.) as not applying to individuals, but I'll defer to others who've applied for a refund/received an exemption. Might be better to start a new thread as this seems to be a different topic than the PSE rebate.

Sorry - that's now how I read your question.

The relevant law is here: RCW 82.12.816: Exemptions—Electric vehicle batteries and infrastructure. (Expires January 1, 2020.)

I read the purpose (RCW 47.80.090: Regional transportation planning organizations—Electric vehicle infrastructure.) as not applying to individuals, but I'll defer to others who've applied for a refund/received an exemption. Might be better to start a new thread as this seems to be a different topic than the PSE rebate.
Touché.

I did start by staying true to the topic of the thread but asked a follow up question not appropriate for the thread. Are you going to castigate these other posters for talking about the EVSE sales tax exemption too?

Hi. I just saw this rebate today. Anyone successfully apply for the rebate?

And, is tax still exempt for EVSEs?

I did. Super easy. Online form and submit a copy of your invoice for a UMC or HPWC and the registration for your EV. Received the check two weeks later.

- - - Updated - - -

As for a sales tax exemption for EVSEs, Tesla charged me sales tax on my UMC and HPWC online orders, so either the answer is "no" now, or Tesla owes me some money back!

You might want to call your local SC parts department...Ive purchased several adapters and HPWC and never paid any sales tax..had to fill out a sales tax exemtion form but otherwise just the price..not sure if this is just w WA state thing so maybe that's why you paid ales tax online?

And the car learns REALLY fast! the turn from the main drag to the secondary road (a well traveled 45 mph road) has a steep change between the east and west lanes. After only one pass through that intersection, the car did the change from low to high on its own. Nice little note on the dash comes up to say "raising car due to location" Car even knows the difference between backing into the driveway (when it needs to be up higher) and coming in front first (when low is fine). WOW!

Thanks for the links I'll read them and refresh my memory on the applicable laws.

Cheers!