Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pulled the trigger Tesla solar and 3 powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The quote took a month. First quote was $24K, second was $29K, third was $34K - half of my install is special issues. I wanted it installed in the worst place, my panel needs to be upgraded. There is no ROI ever for my project - just the satisfaction of not needing PG&E.
ah, so $100 deposit, understood.
Took about a week for them to send a proposal with roof layout, etc. Then a week later home inspection.

How much power are you guys using a day and which size system did you get? I'm curious if I'll be able to be completely "offgrid" or rather all my power come from solar/powerwalls.

Reactions: preilly44
in the summer with pool pump and dual zone AC units house take about 50kW a day! In the winter about 25kW. That's w/o charging the MS, which is another 15kW. So most likely I will still reply on the power company.
And while reducing my power bill is nice, my main goal was to provide backup power to the house during blackouts.

getting 12.3kW system with 3 powerwalls

in the summer with pool pump and dual zone AC units house take about 50kW a day! In the winter about 25kW. That's w/o charging the MS, which is another 15kW. So most likely I will still reply on the power company.
And while reducing my power bill is nice, my main goal was to provide backup power to the house during blackouts.

getting 12.3kW system with 3 powerwalls
So just install a power wall or 2 and don't use air-condition in the summer just open windows and doors.

So just install a power wall or 2 and don't use air-condition in the summer just open windows and doors.

Since I believe in explaining if I click disagree....

What I am disagreeing with, is someone OUT OF THE COUNTRY, saying "just open your windows during the summer" without any real clue of what the weather where that poster is..... unless you have also lived where that poster lives?

Huh?

Are you talking about kWh?

Reactions: nwdiver