Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased a 2013 Model S 60 or 75?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
I purchased my 2013 Model S and the dealership had it advertised as a 60 but when I got in the car to test drive it I noticed that it said S 75 on the screen. I also saw that the range that was available was currently at 244 (not 100% charge). Was the 60 kwh battery just unlocked to 75 kwh? The guy at my local SC said the previous owner upgraded the battery at some point. Once the 60 kwh has been unlocked to a 75 does the display reflect that change or should it still say 60?

There was no 75 made in 2013. That said, some owners of original 60kwh batteries have indeed gotten them replaced with newer packs. When that happens Tesla generally updates the car to reflect the new capacity/model number.

There was no 75 made in 2013. That said, some owners of original 60kwh batteries have indeed gotten them replaced with newer packs. When that happens Tesla generally updates the car to reflect the new capacity/model number.

Thank you!

was it 2016 before the 75kwh packs were available? Im trying to figure out what if any warranty may be left on the pack.

Thank you!

was it 2016 before the 75kwh packs were available? Im trying to figure out what if any warranty may be left on the pack.

75s came out early 2016 I believe, but don’t quote me on that.

Sounds like for warranty purposes they’re still treating the car as a “60”. The 2013 Model S 60 had an 8 year, 120,000 mile warranty on the battery and drive unit. Any remaining balance of that original warranty would apply to the replacement pack as well.