Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing without inspecting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi with touchless delivery, im confuse on the purchasing step.... can i pay during delivery after i see the car? also what if my credit union had already wired the money, and the car was delivered in an unacceptable conditions, what recourse do i have to denied delivery? thanks in advance.

Hi with touchless delivery, im confuse on the purchasing step.... can i pay during delivery after i see the car? also what if my credit union had already wired the money, and the car was delivered in an unacceptable conditions, what recourse do i have to denied delivery? thanks in advance.

You can always return the car within 7 days and 1000 miles, but if you do then I think you are banned from buying another vehicle of the same model and trim from Tesla under the same name as your current order, for a 1 year period.
Return Policy

re touchless
Delivery Options

It's amazing what you can find if you just try searching via Google or Bing...

Basically if you are paying in advance and you are not willing to accept what you get and have the car fixed later on at a Tesla service center, then my advice is do not do it. If you want to check it over before paying, then take delivery at a Tesla center and bring a check. Then if you do not like it, walk away.

Personally I would never pay in advance for a $75k car, and if that means waiting another 2-3 months, I am okay with that. I was not expecting to get my MY so soon anyway, so waiting is no big deal for me.

I looked my Model Y over extensively. It had a few blemishes that were able to be wet sanded and a couple of little spots on door that needed touch up paint. All really minor and barley noticeable. I did identify a small area that Tesla agreed to touch up, but would require brining it back to have it painted on the back quarter panel. It wasn't really noticeable, but that is the only way to touch up. I feel you should be fine. You can bring the check at delivery and wait. I think you should be happy with any issues and if you are willing to wait, they can likely fix any issues. I didn't want to wait for the painting and with cov-id - I will wait for the touchup later and have the homelink installed too.

Also i got to check the car before paying with my check.

I took delivery on 3/22 and had a similar experience to you and many others -- there were a few minor paint defects when I took delivery but I was able to inspect the car prior to handing them the cashiers check for final payment, every other aspect of the car is perfect, gaps are all symmetrical and normal. They documented the issues and corrected them yesterday 3/30. No questions asked, everything was remedied by EOD. Super easy and seamless process and everyone at the service center was wearing gloves and a mask. Went back today to get the homelink installed, also painless and quick. Tesla seems well aware of the circumstances and is committed to taking care of their customers who are taking delivery during the crisis.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Had to pay before delivery due to Louisiana not allowing Telsa to sell directly. I've done it twice now. They will fix anything you document. My MY has a few small issues but nothing that won't be fixed or that would have forced me to reject delivery