Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purpose of SC forward stall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the primary purpose of a forward charging stall for EVs pulling a trailer or toting a large bike rack? During the dozen plus times charging at a SC, I saw vehicles at the forward stall while numerous back-in spots were available. It was puzzling and not due to avoiding A/B charger sharing. I'm guessing they prefer the forward view....ha..ha. Am I missing something?

It’s for drivers who are awful at backing up and using their rear view camera and/or mirrors :p I’ve watched in amusement as some drivers pull forward to straighten their Tesla, then back up again, over and over. The record was an older lady with her new 3 who kept going back and forth for three full minutes! I finally got out to help her. Like my own mom, she said she didn’t “trust” that back up camera :rolleyes:

The OP’s original statement is correct and these stalls shouldn’t be used unless you need them, since I’d say anyone that can’t back up their car with the backup camera just needs more practice. :)

They are made for cars that can’t back up safely and fit (with large racks or trailers). See many of Bjorn’s videos where he has to spend time unhitching a trailer or get creative to reach the cable.

Not sure how you can prefer forward when you can’t tell where you are unless you’ve purchased a front camera kit! :D

• Funny
Reactions: HankLloydRight