Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW and Enphase micro inverters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zorg

Oct 24, 2017
Fremont, ca
NorCal resident thinking about installing 2 PW. Got 7000W on the roof. My solar installer is telling me that PW does not work well with Enphase and that frequencies are unstable. He is steering me toward a LG plus inverter.

Any feedback from this knowledgeable crowd?

NorCal resident thinking about installing 2 PW. Got 7000W on the roof. My solar installer is telling me that PW does not work well with Enphase and that frequencies are unstable. He is steering me toward a LG plus inverter.

I have enphase on one set of my panels and a fronius inverter for the other. I had 2 powerwalls installed a week ago and it works fine. What I did lose was being able to monitor the enphase from my last location. I had to move the envoy into the same room as the house circuit breaker box.It was the laundry room with no Ethernet access. I had to set up a wifi bridge to my computer but is works fine now. I live in northern CA.

I had 2 Powerwalls, 26 LG Neon R panels and 26 Enphase IQ7+s installed last year. The system works perfectly. There was a Powerwall inverter firmware issue early on that created a problem when the batteries were at 100%, the grid was down and the panels were producing current. That was solved by firmware updates.

It will work perfectly well with enphase. Only if you have a zero export system would this potentially be an issue.