Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PWS retrofit on pre-2023 Model 3 in NZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reverse sounds is much more obvious than the forward sound.

In wide open spaces i hardly hear the forward noise at all. The reverse works as it should which is to provide warning to oblivious pedestrians.

I was told that the current SW is not configurable, its only on or off but knowing Tesla, this is probably just a future feature.

Food for thought, thank you. I prefer the silence myself but want to make things safer around the driveway, and I've found in a few car parks & parking buildings things can be a bit dicy at times with pedestrians.

The remote audio doesn't bother me too much so I wonder if a lower volume setting would be ok - I usually have music on but I know it'll annoy me if I can hear it inside during the drive home. It really is a shame it isn't user adjustable. I wonder if it's a software or hardware setting.
I might raise a service request and ask if there's a suitable setting that's inaudible inside, see what they say.
I noticed that inside garage you can literally hear it inside car that PWS sound...
Please share update on what they say about settings. I might book afterwards.

Reactions: Steve_Chch
The reverse sounds is much more obvious than the forward sound.

In wide open spaces i hardly hear the forward noise at all. The reverse works as it should which is to provide warning to oblivious pedestrians.

I was told that the current SW is not configurable, its only on or off but knowing Tesla, this is probably just a future feature.
Thanks, that's reassuring. I don't mind reverse being louder, it's probably a good thing really. I'll raise a service request shortly and go from there.

Reactions: m3lol