Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lime trees are the bane of every nearby car. I lived near them many years ago and couldn’t keep any vehicle clean for longer than a couple of hours.
Spot on!

Washing at least once a week to keep the build up at bay or a cover if she will be standing for more than a day or two near the limes.

I found washing the Y quite easy following our first drive Suffolk trip. The combination of partial PPF and Ceramic coating really helped and anyway, she is new.
Also, not too grimy; bug guts and whatever contaminants we pick at 85mph 70mph. Just cold water at hose pressure for the bugs; (no chemical cleaner was required) then overall cold jet wash followed by snow foam and a Gtechniq wash. Very easy to dry with a decent mf towel, as long it's no later than 7am.
She scrubbed up a treat - just like SWMBO does.:)

IOB: Has anyone else been hammering the AC while she is parked at home or elsewhere? I have not waited for the automatic 40deg kick-in but rather spent a watt or two on keeping it down to about 30deg until pre departure conditioning.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
aphid honeydew advise please... We havent collected our new car yet, but hopefully a Q3 delivery. We currently have a few hardened layers of aphid honeydew on our current car that the wasps love and I cannot be bothered to remove. Do you find it is easy to remove or should I be asking the council if I can chop off the overhanging branches of the tree?

Oh - another question for you lucky Q2 owners: Approximately, how many days notice were you given before you were contacted by Tesla with a confimed delivery date?

Apparently, you are no stranger to lime plague. As to dfficulty of removal, you will doubtless have found that the longer you leave it , the more difficult it is to remove.

The council, in the guise of the contracted out Arboreal Management team, kindly pruned the lime in front of the house following a friendly consultation with their manager, an excellent bloke. However there are others limes nearby.

So, do have a word with your local team and give those overhangs the chop.

Several of us here got out notice, I think, about three weeks or so before delivery. However, the VIN was visible a couple of weeks before that....this is my recollection, but others may have kept a detailed record.

Reactions: Human_
I had the Spotify issue - I changed the language to English and then back to British English and it burst into life!

No issues with Bluetooth for me, but same WiFi struggles (the phone connects from the car, but not convinced it’s good enough for me to complain… yet). Saying that, I haven’t tried since the language change…
Sorted: Blue tooth finally picked up. Popped in to see the excellent guys and gals at the Guilford SC today (any excuse for a blast down the A3 in a super-cooled Lizzie:cool:)

Wi-Fy now working and the app informs me of a download at 02:25 on Wednesday morning.
Progress has been made.:) except for wireless phone charging; the 7 plus must go soon in favour of an 8 plus and above if we want W.C. Actually, with the phone blue tooted to the car, the nice little outlet under the centre console works fine or me and SWMBO.

Reactions: Tommm83
Yes, I just came across said route planner last night. It asks you for make and model of your car. Also takes into account elevation and temperature when calculating range. I did laugh at the way it had me stopping at superchargers to put 40% charge in to get to the next supercharger lol
ABRP does this because (you probably know) the speed with which an LI battery (iPhone or car) accepts a charge is inversely proportional to the amount of charge in the battery at any point during the charging cycle... and they want you to have the shortest possible time at the charger. If you are staying for coffee, then charge to a higher level.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lime trees are the bane of every nearby car. I lived near them many years ago and couldn’t keep any vehicle clean for longer than a couple of hours.
We are close to a main road which, because of a really stupid traffic light sequence, means still stand traffic belching what they belch. The particulates seem to build up on the lime leaves and then blend with the honeydew to fall on the parked cars, thus adding to our irritation.

When it rains, the area of our short paved front garden which is under the canopy becomes quite black as any remaining particulates are washed down.

But otherwise, we love where we live😅

Reactions: Toblerone
Sorted: Blue tooth finally picked up. Popped in to see the excellent guys and gals at the Guilford SC today (any excuse for a blast down the A3 in a super-cooled Lizzie:cool:)

Wi-Fy now working and the app informs me of a download at 02:25 on Wednesday morning.
Progress has been made.:) except for wireless phone charging; the 7 plus must go soon in favour of an 8 plus and above if we want W.C. Actually, with the phone blue tooted to the car, the nice little outlet under the centre console works fine or me and SWMBO.
Forgot to mention, the lovely Jen's colleague, forgotten his name:rolleyes:, sorted the Spotty with a soft reboot. Nothing changes, "turn it off and on again"😅

Apparently, you are no stranger to lime plague. As to dfficulty of removal, you will doubtless have found that the longer you leave it , the more difficult it is to remove.

The council, in the guise of the contracted out Arboreal Management team, kindly pruned the lime in front of the house following a friendly consultation with their manager, an excellent bloke. However there are others limes nearby.

So, do have a word with your local team and give those overhangs the chop.

Several of us here got out notice, I think, about three weeks or so before delivery. However, the VIN was visible a couple of weeks before that....this is my recollection, but others may have kept a detailed record.
P.S. That first frisson on seeing the VIN was possibly stronger that the message regarding the delivery location, date and choice of time. Just after midnight was not an option🙂

• Funny
Reactions: Human_
Is there something different about the USB data socket in the Model Y (in the glovebox) compared with the same in a 2019 Model 3+?
I've traded in my 2019 Model 3 for a 2022 Model Y LR.

I removed my previously working Dashcam and sentry SSD, which had a seperate partition for music, from the Model 3, and placed it in the glovebox of my Model Y replacing the Tesla supplied USB stick. However the Model Y refuses to see it. I thought it may have been corrupted somehow, so removed it and repartitioned it on my computer, formatted both partitions to FAT32, named one Tesla and the other Music. Created a folder called TeslaCam in the Tesla partition, and added my music, in album folders, to the Music partition. I believe I have followed the correct procedure in creating the USB drive but I cannot get in working in my Model Y.

The setup is exactly the same as worked in the Model 3, the only difference is that I'm replacing the Teslas supplied USB stick in the Model Y with a USB SSD set up.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or have I made a mistake? Because of the lack of USB data hubs in the Model Y, I can't play my music unless it's on the glovebox USB drive. Other owners must have encountered the same problem?

Is anyone else's windscreen wipers and fluid seem pretty useless? It does not clean my screen well at all and when it attempts, it often leaves behind the streak marks of dirt it just dragged across. I wonder if a change of fluid would help?

Also had to deal with a puncture on Sunday night/Monday - somehow managed to drive over a tiny allen key. Luckily it was repairable as it was in the centre of the tyre, but wasn't looking forward to potentially forking out already.

Is anyone else's windscreen wipers and fluid seem pretty useless? It does not clean my screen well at all and when it attempts, it often leaves behind the streak marks of dirt it just dragged across. I wonder if a change of fluid would help?

Also had to deal with a puncture on Sunday night/Monday - somehow managed to drive over a tiny allen key. Luckily it was repairable as it was in the centre of the tyre, but wasn't looking forward to potentially forking out already.
Clean your windscreen scrupulously… then clean your wiper blades. You probably have some contamination. Unfortunately in these situations you can end up having to change the wipers if you can’t get them streak free. (However, my M3 original wipers have never been changed and have gone through 3 winters!)

You can't be expected to spot a tiny allen key when driving ... ... I can hardly tell the difference between allen and torchs even when close up........

Seriously though, as one who is puncture prone, I am keen to know, how did you "deal "with the puncture?

Now then... SWMBO says " Having blown ( no pun intended) so much on that Modern Spare, why is it still in the " spare room" and not in the car?
Just saying."

• Funny
Reactions: Kingpopsy
You can't be expected to spot a tiny allen key when driving ... ... I can hardly tell the difference between allen and torchs even when close up........

Seriously though, as one who is puncture prone, I am keen to know, how did you "deal "with the puncture?

Now then... SWMBO says " Having blown ( no pun intended) so much on that Modern Spare, why is it still in the " spare room" and not in the car?
Just saying."
To which I replied " By not carrying its weight in the car, we will save enough on electricity to pay for it"
..... Look like a fry up is not going happen this morning..... where's bran!

Just saying."

Ha, I didn't even notice until the tyre pressure warning light came on. All were at 41psi, while the offending wheel stated 30! Was on my way home on Sunday night around 11pm, so stopped at the petrol station to inspect and top up some air. Couldn't see anything in the tyre at first, must have been directly on the ground. Got home and noticed it.

I called and took it into my usual tyre place not far from me. It lost 4psi in the 9/10hours overnight. I was a bit worried as I needed to pick someone up at the airport on Monday afternoon, which is about 90miles away from where I was. When I checked the website they didn't have any of the tyres in stock for fitting that day if needed to be replaced. Though they just repaired it straight away. 👍 Oh, and they had one of those pucks that they used.

Attachments

• 20220717_232732.jpg
    20220717_232732.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 88
Ha, I didn't even notice until the tyre pressure warning light came on. All were at 41psi, while the offending wheel stated 30! Was on my way home on Sunday night around 11pm, so stopped at the petrol station to inspect and top up some air. Couldn't see anything in the tyre at first, must have been directly on the ground. Got home and noticed it.

I called and took it into my usual tyre place not far from me. It lost 4psi in the 9/10hours overnight. I was a bit worried as I needed to pick someone up at the airport on Monday afternoon, which is about 90miles away from where I was. When I checked the website they didn't have any of the tyres in stock for fitting that day if needed to be replaced. Though they just repaired it straight away. 👍 Oh, and they had one of those pucks that they used.
Very good.
I always travel with a portable compressor to pump add air in the case of a slow puncture. We made it across France on a Sunday, once upon a time, when the country closes for the day). By topping up every 2 hours or so we made it to our destination.

Although we always have European breakdown cover, I try, if possible not to seek assistance on a Sunday.

For the Y, we have a set of 4 pucks and a can of Holts puncture foam. There is also the spare which we will take to parts foreign.

If they are open, French garages are great at repairing punctures.

Let's hope that was " your puncture" and you have got it out of the way early on😉

Very good.
I always travel with a portable compressor to pump add air in the case of a slow puncture. We made it across France on a Sunday, once upon a time, when the country closes for the day). By topping up every 2 hours or so we made it to our destination.

Although we always have European breakdown cover, I try, if possible not to seek assistance on a Sunday.

For the Y, we have a set of 4 pucks and a can of Holts puncture foam. There is also the spare which we will take to parts foreign.

If they are open, French garages are great at repairing punctures.

Let's hope that was " your puncture" and you have got it out of the way early on😉

Probably should consider getting something similar for air - convenient to have in general. Have to say, never had anything happen like that in 12/13 years, but 3 weeks in and here we are. 😅 I hope so - also had a windscreen chip scare on Monday on the motorway. Halfway on my drive 2 loud 'things' hit the windscreen and the wipers wouldn't clear it :)rolleyes:). Thought it was a chip right in the centre of the window for another 40minute drive. Luckily it was just an extremely stubborn mark and lousy wipers. Clearly didn't have the best start the week. 😂

Did just give the whole car a clean this morning, the underside of the wipers were pretty manky. Hopefully it does the trick though. Oh and my washer fluid level warning also came on - not sure if I was just going for it or how full it was to begin with. 😂

Reactions: Wattsisname
This morning, I installed two Tesla Brand accessories and I am delighted with both:
1. The corner Bins with their carpeted lids. These give a great flush floor look. They also act as a great storage container.
2. The rear seats dog liner. So easy to pop on and off. It looks the business (unfortunate choice of word). However, I have not tested it with our little madam. (We love her really).

On the of accessories, has anyone fitted rim protectors such as AlloyGators?

This morning, I installed two Tesla Brand accessories and I am delighted with both:
1. The corner Bins with their carpeted lids. These give a great flush floor look. They also act as a great storage container.
2. The rear seats dog liner. So easy to pop on and off. It looks the business (unfortunate choice of word). However, I have not tested it with our little madam. (We love her really).

On the of accessories, has anyone fitted rim protectors such as AlloyGators?
Did you go for the Tesla corner bins or third party?