Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping so. Finding it difficult to find a garage that will look at it. Most say, they don't touch Tesla's. I'm booked into Halfords on Monday morning. They said they would take the wheel/tyre off and have a look 😒
I wonder why? A tyre is a tyre Micheline Pilot 4, does it matter which car it’s on? They either do vulcanisation repairs or they don’t 🤷🏻

I wonder why? A tyre is a tyre Micheline Pilot 4, does it matter which car it’s on? They either do vulcanisation repairs or they don’t 🤷🏻
Some places repair them happily. Often they are wary of simply jacking the car up (take your own jack pads to protect your battery area). They just need to cut out a small section of the acoustic foam rubber that's on the inside ... otherwise it's a standard repair. It's not only Teslas that have acoustic foam.

Some places repair them happily. Often they are wary of simply jacking the car up (take your own jack pads to protect your battery area). They just need to cut out a small section of the acoustic foam rubber that's on the inside ... otherwise it's a standard repair. It's not only Teslas that have acoustic foam.
When I contacted them, I mentioned I've got the jack pads, but they said they had them, which put my mind at rest.....a bit 🙄

Reactions: Adopado
I'm hoping so. Finding it difficult to find a garage that will look at it. Most say, they don't touch Tesla's. I'm booked into Halfords on Monday morning. They said they would take the wheel/tyre off and have a look 😒
Sorry to hear that Maj. Also my dread; Half of London are having the home improvement boys in whilst the other half are waiting for a quote. Consequently, errant nails and screws abound.

I bought a spare wheel which I have not carried in Lizzie yet. But if I get a slow puncture I will pop the wheel off and take it to a little back street, one man ( and his dog) tyre shed who is superb at puncture repairs. It's too early for me to entrust the whole car to Slowfit or any other tyre firm unless I have no choice.
Actually, Halfords should be OK but don't forget the jack pucks and keep a close watch throughout.
All the best.

Now then... whenever considering my advice, always bear in mind that I am paranoid🙃
PS I also carry a can of Holts foam repair the effectiveness of which, on our sound insulated wheels, can be witnessed on Youtube.
PPS calling on my Master degree experience in "Stating the Bloody Obvious" Don't take the nail out, if it is holding some air back, until you foam or repair.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Sorry to hear that Maj. Also my dread; Half of London are having the home improvement boys in whilst the other half are waiting for a quote. Consequently, errant nails and screws abound.

I bought a spare wheel which I have not carried in Lizzie yet. But if I get a slow puncture I will pop the wheel off and take it to a little back street, one man ( and his dog) tyre shed who is superb at puncture repairs. It's too early for me to entrust the whole car to Slowfit or any other tyre firm unless I have no choice.
Actually, Halfords should be OK but don't forget the jack pucks and keep a close watch throughout.
All the best.

Now then... whenever considering my advice, always bear in mind that I am paranoid🙃
PS I also carry a can of Holts foam repair the effectiveness of which, on our sound insulated wheels, can be witnessed on Youtube.
PPS calling on my Master degree experience in "Stating the Bloody Obvious" Don't take the nail out, if it is holding some air back, until you foam or repair.
PPS The plug type repairs can be made on insulated tyres without any problem. However, as you are at home, might as well have a tyre off internal patch.

They fear battery damage... its all so new...,
be fair it's only about seven years since the model S hit our street... well actually, she slunk quietly in when no one was looking and turned the motor industry on its head .
YouLes if you want to... the Lizzie not for paying Mr Mayor.

All the best.

Yes, when talking on the phone to Halfords, they did mention they had hockey pucks, which put my mind at rest a bit.
Now, where are those YouTube videos on putting the Y into some mode for tyre off/jacking

Reactions: Wattsisname
Well, Stormtrooper survived his first trip to the doctors. His poorly rear tyre is all repaired.
I went to Halfords first of all, who insisted they would be able to do it, but on the day said they can't touch it 🙄. I remember someone saying on this site about their experience in Kwikfit, so I gave them a try. They seemed experienced in Tesla's, which was reassuring. Whilst sat in the waiting room, feeling like I was at the dentist, waiting to have an extraction, stormtrooper pulled through with his turbine alloys unscathed. 10/10 to them. I will be using them again on my next puncture 🤣.

Well, Stormtrooper survived his first trip to the doctors. His poorly rear tyre is all repaired.
I went to Halfords first of all, who insisted they would be able to do it, but on the day said they can't touch it 🙄. I remember someone saying on this site about their experience in Kwikfit, so I gave them a try. They seemed experienced in Tesla's, which was reassuring. Whilst sat in the waiting room, feeling like I was at the dentist, waiting to have an extraction, stormtrooper pulled through with his turbine alloys unscathed. 10/10 to them. I will be using them again on my next puncture 🤣.

Yes, despite the knee jerk negative reaction as soon as you mention KwikFit there are some which do provide good service. It depends on the manager and the team at a particular location. Could be worth letting people know the branch you used in case other people reading this thread are in the same area.

Yes, despite the knee jerk negative reaction as soon as you mention KwikFit there are some which do provide good service. It depends on the manager and the team at a particular location. Could be worth letting people know the branch you used in case other people reading this thread are in the same area.
Yes, good idea.
It was Kwik fit in York Street, Swansea

Reactions: Adopado
That is such good news and totally revises my opinion of QF.
Great stuff Maj.

Ah ha! Swansea! SWMBO is keen for me to take her to South Wales.... so, if we get a puncture on the way,we know where to go for the fix😀
PS Has anyone enjoyed the services of a Tesla Ranger in a puncture situation?
I can highly recommend Swansea. Great coastline and lots of beaches and top KF staff.
I did have a panic in Halfords this morning. When I asked if anyone had experience in driving Tesla's, the guy replied 'yes, of course'. They then handed over my key card to a guy that had to stop sweeping the waiting room!. I follow him outside, asking if he has ever driven one of these, 'a few' was his reply. Then I witness him trying to press the card to open the car, like there was an imaginary button on it 🙈ffs. I'm glad the couldn't do it tbh

I can highly recommend Swansea. Great coastline and lots of beaches and top KF staff.
I recall a few years ago having a beer on the top of the cliff at the end of the Gower peninsula overlooking a fantastic beach + view! Just looked it up .. Rhossili Bay ... and here's the proof:
IMG_1088x.jpg