Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 FSD upgraders - how do you compare new MY with prior Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll jump in. I have an 06/2020 MY and am considering a new MY to get HW4. I am torn, I will lose the silent drive under 25 mph, but will gain HW4, heated steering wheel (no big deal since I can preheat or precool the car), heated mirrors, front and rear castings, plus everything else that has been fine tuned in the last three years.

Or do I wait for the refreshed MY? The only really compelling thing in the refresh I would like is perforated heated and cooled seats. Air suspension would have been nice but... And I would have to purchase FSD again.

I'll jump in. I have an 06/2020 MY and am considering a new MY to get HW4. I am torn, I will lose the silent drive under 25 mph, but will gain HW4, heated steering wheel (no big deal since I can preheat or precool the car), heated mirrors, front and rear castings, plus everything else that has been fine tuned in the last three years.

Or do I wait for the refreshed MY? The only really compelling thing in the refresh I would like is perforated heated and cooled seats. Air suspension would have been nice but... And I would have to purchase FSD again.

Silent drive, in my book, is a safety hazard and it's not something that I think that the driver can easily hear.

What do you think that HW4 is going to give you? It will be about 6 months behind HW3 in FSD features for a while.