Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QLD Zero Emissions Vehicle Strategy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because taxpayer funds are scarce and shouldn’t go to people who don’t need it?
If the point is about who needs the rabete and less about making ZEV more attractive compared to ICE vehicles then I would say those on $180k also do not need to be given $6k to buy a $68k car.
I think offering financial incentives does have the ability to change people’s behaviour, irrespective of one’s income level. Due to the federal government’s FBT exemption, I am now planning to buy two more ZEVs. Without the incentive, I most likely won’t be doing that.

Last edited:
Part of the hope is that $60k cars will end up on the second hand market in a few years. Despite all the battery fear mongering, EVs with low battery degradation will hold their value better on resale, people won't want an expensive to maintain ICE. Buying a base model 3 with iron based LFP battery is a very smart move right now.

I couldn't find out any information on how they calculate the 180k combined income. is it on projected income for the financial year based on current pay slips?

Just wondering what happens in hypothetical situations where:
a) a single person is on a 200k salary quits their job a month ago then purchases a Tesla 3 base model. Will they be seen as having a 150k income? (200k salary minus 3 months no work for the rest of the year)

b) a single person is on a 170k salary but then gets a pay raise to 190k a month ago and then wants to purchase a Telsa 3 base model. Is this seen as having a 190kk income based on current pay slips?

$6k help push someone into a EV more not just Tesla if you look at the cheaper EV like MG,BYD, GWM another $6k brings them down closer to ICE equivalents
Example MG ZS EV cloth seats version be $41k drive away with $6k off vs ICE version $34k.. So we down to $7k diff

Reactions: caskings