Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QQ: How would you price a used LR RWD Model 3 Given the Price Reductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that is an overly optimistic valuation. A brand new pearl white, 19inch LR3 with AP sells for $49.5k - $3750 tax credit = $45750. You could argue that your EAP has some extra value on top of AP, so maybe another $1000? But then you've got 6k miles on it. I think you'd be lucky to get $40k.
lol well at the end of the day the market decides what a fair price is. To find a LR3 with EAP and 6k miles for anything less than 43k would be a steal. Realistically 40-45k is probably what most LR3's will go for over the next few months.

lol well at the end of the day the market decides what a fair price is. To find a LR3 with EAP and 6k miles for anything less than 43k would be a steal. Realistically 40-45k is probably what most LR3's will go for over the next few months.

I can get a brand new one with EAP for $39,750 in California, after the tax rebate. You'd have to be really, really bad at maths to buy a used LR for anything over $35K.

I can get a brand new one with EAP for $39,750 in California, after the tax rebate. You'd have to be really, really bad at maths to buy a used LR for anything over $35K.
Idk about 35k. My car is still 50k from Tesla brand new before sales tax is added. So your looking at like 54-55k before you take out tax incentive and deduct for it being used. I think 35k for a LR is wayyyyyy too low.

Idk about 35k. My car is still 50k from Tesla brand new before sales tax is added. So your looking at like 54-55k before you take out tax incentive and deduct for it being used. I think 35k for a LR is wayyyyyy too low.

There are some people who can't take advantage of the tax incentive, but it's not the majority.

Assuming a new LR is $39,750 new, so $41,250 after the delivery/doc charges. Taxes in CA are paid on new and used cars at the same rate. This includes EAP but not "FSD" or NoA.

Let's take 15% as depreciation for a used car. I feel that's a pretty reasonable depreciation number for a car that's at least one model year old. This results in a price of $35,062.50. Anyone paying more is a fool. The used prices are bound to catch up to Tesla's new pricing scheme, just give time for the sellers to sit on their overpriced cars and realize why they aren't selling.