Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality control Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I had my 2020 model 3 SR+ for just over a month i found some issues which seem minor but could result to major issues. Here are the following issues I found:

-Glass roof rubber seal incomplete at one corner
-Door hinge unfinished paint
--rubber pads sticking out from rear windshield
-rear tailout moisture won't escape
-blue tooth connection ( when I watch something on my phone the sound is delayed on the sound system)
-moisture remaining on the driver side door where the "model 3" metal sticker is

can you guys also share what your plans are for the winter season. Steel rims? tires? rust proofing?

you guys know which parts of the model 3 are metal? I took a magnet to parts of the door and other panels and it doesn't attract. The reason I did this was because the paint was incomplete on the inside of a door and i'm worried water might have gotten to it (rust).

Another suggestions to check for issues?

Not to disappoint, but since it's a month later, you probably won't be able to get them to fix any of that for free.

The Bluetooth issue is just a common codec issue probably. The car doesn't use the fancy new low latency high bitrate ones. I have the same issue and my phone can do all the fancy codecs, but the car can't.

You should absolutely get mud flaps if you don't have them. Paint protection along the bottom, especially in front of the rear tires, would be good. It's too late for mine.

Many just run the 18" aero wheels in winter (sometimes an extra set). Many also use the Hakkapelliitta R3 winter tires, they're pretty good.

Model 3 is a mix of aluminum and steel, the aluminum parts wouldn't attract the magnet.

Hey Guys,

I had my 2020 model 3 SR+ for just over a month i found some issues which seem minor but could result to major issues. Here are the following issues I found:

-Glass roof rubber seal incomplete at one corner
-Door hinge unfinished paint
--rubber pads sticking out from rear windshield
-rear tailout moisture won't escape
-blue tooth connection ( when I watch something on my phone the sound is delayed on the sound system)
-moisture remaining on the driver side door where the "model 3" metal sticker is
Glass issues. Schedule service in the app.
Tail light moisture issues are common. Schedule service in the app.
What "sticker" is on the door that says Model 3? The only M3 wording is on the front door sill plates.

Not to disappoint, but since it's a month later, you probably won't be able to get them to fix any of that for free.

The Bluetooth issue is just a common codec issue probably. The car doesn't use the fancy new low latency high bitrate ones. I have the same issue and my phone can do all the fancy codecs, but the car can't.

You should absolutely get mud flaps if you don't have them. Paint protection along the bottom, especially in front of the rear tires, would be good. It's too late for mine.

Many just run the 18" aero wheels in winter (sometimes an extra set). Many also use the Hakkapelliitta R3 winter tires, they're pretty good.

Model 3 is a mix of aluminum and steel, the aluminum parts wouldn't attract the magnet.

Does that mean I am stuck with lag while watching stuff on my phone and connected to the sound system? It's weird, I've never encountered a car bluetooth system that does that.

Glass issues. Schedule service in the app.
Tail light moisture issues are common. Schedule service in the app.
What "sticker" is on the door that says Model 3? The only M3 wording is on the front door sill plates.

Yeah thats what I meant, door sill plates lol. everytime it rains, the plate i always has moisture on it the following day

Have you guys had any issues tinting the front windshield? The tint guy told me he has had issues tinting the front windshield and has actually damaged the computer system from getting the windshield wet. I orginally wanted a 65% tint front windshield.

Does my warranty become void if I start taking off door, panels etc to wrap the car?

Have you guys had any issues tinting the front windshield? The tint guy told me he has had issues tinting the front windshield and has actually damaged the computer system from getting the windshield wet. I orginally wanted a 65% tint front windshield.

Does my warranty become void if I start taking off door, panels etc to wrap the car?

Yep, my first issue is that any tint on the windshield or front windows is illegal here. So I stopped there.

That said - yes I’ve heard the same apocryphal stories about the tint application process ruining the car computers. Water runs down behind the dash and into the electronics.

The risk:reward doesn’t sound worth it to me ...

None. All cars tinted.
Warranty not void if panels removed for wrapping. All my cars are PPF wrapped.