Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Ebay TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, anybody have any experience buying Bluetooth TPMS sensors from Ebay? Recently bought a M3 and I'll be going with a summer and winter tire set, and id prefer to not spend $300-$400 for sensors, so I navigated to ebay where I found many sellers with supposedly brand new, Tesla Bluetooth tpms for about $160. Anyone have any experience with these?

Also, side note, not familiar with how these work... Do they have interchangeable batteries?

Thanks in advance!

Ah, just to be sure...

There's two models available for Model 3, depending upon when it was made. Prior to Sept. 2020, the sensors are 433Mhz RF type and afterwards, Bluetooth.

And as far as I know, the batteries of each model is not replaceable.

Reactions: atvrida92
Anybody have any good ideas about how these sellers on eBay and Amazon are able to sell what appear to be OEM TPMS sensors for ~60% less that what Tesla charges? (~$150 per set of four vs $380 from Tesla.) Maybe they're buying them in China and then re-selling in America?

Seems like plenty of people have reported positive experiences with eBay-purchased sensors, but it still seems almost too good to be true.

The sensors purchased through grey market are often that failed the final test for ship to Manufacturer. They may have small imperfections in finish or may draw too much battery current.
But only the current really matters as everything else you will likely never notice.
But they are picked up cheap in China as scrap and sorted for apparently good and sold.

Save your money and take your chances.
For me not worth the effort soo I bought from TLine

We sell plenty of genuine Tesla Bluetooth TPMS sensors.

Tried sourcing from china before but the they're clearly knockoffs when we put them side by side wit the real thing.

If you ever run into any issues within a reasonable time frame, we will replace them, no questions asked!

Black Friday discount automatically applied at checkout. 👍

-Danny

Last edited:
Anybody have any good ideas about how these sellers on eBay and Amazon are able to sell what appear to be OEM TPMS sensors for ~60% less that what Tesla charges? (~$150 per set of four vs $380 from Tesla.)

Tesla is rippling off the owners on parts?!

Maybe they're buying them in China and then re-selling in America?

Precisely.
Auto-industry has a name for this model: OEM (original equipment manufacturer) vs. OE (original equipment, without Manufacturer's markup).
You are usually better off shopping for OE parts, assuming you can identify the supplier and the right part, then paying Manufacturer's markups for distributing 3rd party parts through its dealership/service center network.

Seems like plenty of people have reported positive experiences with eBay-purchased sensors, but it still seems almost too good to be true.

I had successfully bought, installed, and run OE TPMS 433Mhz sensors in all my cars for decades. I usually source them from tirerack.com, but I'm not certain they stock Tesla's latest weird BT TPMS sensors.

HTH,
a

• Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311