Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about solar power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right; but I've got the batteries anyway. I'm just transferring them from my work system to my home system. I am going to upgrade the 65kw work system with about 200kw of lithium batteries from salvage Tesla vehicles as a fun project.
I would expect that there will be a couple of months in winter where the extra capacity won't be used at home. However over summer it will really pay dividends as we currently send too much back to the grid.

Correct again on the shading of the windows. In this case aesthetics win out over energy efficiency as it would not work with the design of our house. I really was surprised at the gain we got from the tinting though, I expected a couple of % at best.
I’d love to know how you get on with using the salvage batteries. I’ve been thinking about doing such a project myself.

Hi All, Rob tipped me off that there was some interest in solar home storage batteries and the like.
Probably a good place to start is forums.aeva.asn.au and check out the Solar/storage thread half way down the page.
There's a few threads about the AVASS ex-electric bus battery packs AEVA members were able to enjoy.
We also have a facebook page called AEVA Cell Mates for those of us who got some AVASS battery cells. I'm not sure if John wants it to be public or not, but there's also a bit of useful information there too.
Signing out for another couple of years!

Chris

• Informative
Reactions: Blue heaven