Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for former MS owners who own model 3 now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please be very honest, which car is more FUN/comfortable to drive in city area?
Just that, im not asking about size,cost,range, just fun and comfort.
If you tell me MS is more fun and comfortable but you decided to switch to new M3 because of cost/price thats fine.
I just want honest answer. I tested them both and still cant decide.
I need car ONLY for city driving,work,grocery etc... And i want it to enjoy it.
Driving enjoyment is important,nothing else
thx

Model 3 is definitely more fun to drive. Model S is more comfortable. Our S has the air suspension though, which plays a role in the ride comfort factor in my opinion. The cabin in the S is obviously bigger and we had the older style seats without side bolsters which are more comfortable to me. Our Model 3 is P3D+ which really increases the fun factor. Still have the S too. The question is fun or comfortable more important to you. If it's fun go Model 3, if its comfort go with a Model S.

Reactions: fr100 and vegas888
Waalll naow, having both the S and the 3, I'm not so sure. Wifey and I live on a 1500 foot "mountain" (really just a hill in CA) and drive up and down twisty curvies every day. I do most of the driving, and I've got to say, she doesn't let me hot rod in her 3 any more than in my S. And the S can really do the curves. If it's a boat, it's a speedboat. Her car usually is the one left in the garage when we head out.

The 3 is quick, but so is the S, and the comfort and luxo level is worth quite a bit. The S is just as much fun as the 3, maybe more so when you pass a Bimmer struggling uphill. Or a Vette or Maserati or Lexus, etc. etc. I pass 'em all (at the passing lane). They just don't have the oomph to make it up the hill after the 15mph curve. They seem unable to get back up to the speed limit. It's my little way of encouraging them to buy a Tesla next time.

Reactions: vegas888
In city traffic, the 3 seems to be just a little smaller when dodging around and through traffic. But the S is great. I live on a 1500' hill (mountain in Florida-speak) and run the curves just as fast with the S as with our 3. Love passing the Bimmers and Lexi as they try to get up to speed after the 15 mph curve (which I take at 30). The S might seem a grampa's car, but it's no slouch.

Haven't owned an S but did drive one as a loaner for several hours while my M3P was in for service. I have not looked up the actual dimensions of either car, but just in terms of feel, the S feels substantially wider and longer. Thus, in my limited experience, I felt the S would be harder to drive and particularly park in a city environment. In terms of driving feel, I can't make a fair comparison as the S loaner was an older P85 that had seen some miles versus my nearly new M3P. With that said, the M3P definitely feels like more of a sport sedan versus the S that felt entirely like an (almost) luxury touring car. I say almost because I have owned AMGs and there is simply no Tesla around that has an interior as nice as an AMG.

Reactions: vegas888
Model 3 would be great for just city driving. Model S is fantastic if you ever do a road trip. For city driving only the Model 3 will use consume less electricity. I was able to get EAP in the Model 3. It isn't available in my 2020 Model S. $7000 for FSD is not going to happen for the Model S. I use Summon all the time on the Model 3. I have heard complaints about first generation seats in the Model 3, but mine with 2nd generation seats is comfortable, but not as good as the seats in my Model S.