Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with Pano and Next Gen Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell me if the graphic of the interior on the MCU depicts the next gen seats when the pano sunroof is opened? I'm probably not asking this right, but I'm trying to figure out if my display will continue to depict the old seats (when I open the pano) after I upgrade to the next gens, or if it should depict the new seats. Thanks in advance!

I have the pano roof and front-only next gen seats in my 85D. (Rear next-gen seats were on back-order and shortly afterwards were discontinued, so I took delivery with front next-gen seats only).

I have a graphic on the open pano roof as well as on the ultra high-fi sound system fader/balance controls that depict next gen seats. My graphic depicts both front and rear next-gen seats, especially visible in the UHFS graphic, despite the fact that I have fronts only.

If you have the next gen seats retrofitted, I'm sure Tesla can change the software config on your car to show the next gen seats graphics.

Thanks you for the detailed response. It's such a small detail, I know, and was a curiosity of mine more than anything. I was just wondering what to expect after the seat retrofit and the associated system configuration change. I guess I hoped it would be updated to reflect the next gen seats, although I can't really articulate why. I'm glad to hear that it does. Thanks again.