Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question from future owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read a lot about " my car is more then one month in service" or "parts are in backorder for months".....
My question - If you are not able to drive your Tesla and car is under warranty do you get loaner car from Tesla or at least Rent-a-car paid from them during that time?

Tesla will give you a loaner car while the car is in for a warranty repair for as long as it takes. It may or may not be another Tesla, but they will not leave you without a car. They also will reimburse you for the gas, if they loan you a gas powered car.

Tesla will give you a loaner car while the car is in for a warranty repair for as long as it takes.
They do this for non-warranty repair too

They also will reimburse you for the gas, if they loan you a gas powered car.
Not exactly, but close. You don't have to refill the gas tank on the car you have. They won't reimburse you for any additional gas you bought.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Yep, they won’t pay for gas if you fill up during your loaner period, but they won’t charge you if you return the car with an empty tank and the rental company has to fill it.
So you basically have whatever amount of gas is given with the car for free
Not what OP was asking, but thought to mention it. That’s what SC told me anyway

Last summer, our car had an issue: “car needs service, reduced power”. That was on a Saturday. We happened to be close to one of the SeC so I drove there looking for support. I was worried as this happened right before leaving for our vacation with the car. The sales team called the service manager, who was off as this was a Saturday and he promptly gave us a loaner P90DL and told us not to worry and enjoy our vacation. They called us a few days later, having diagnosed the car needed a new drive unit. Their agenda was full and so we drove all our vacation and the week after with that loaner.
Best service ever in my experience!