Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question on delivery ranges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i understand quite a few of you have ordered well before i did ..
so my questions is this on there webpage when it says delivered by (insert month here) has anyone actually complained when that month didnt happen and if so to whom? Now im going to preface this with I understand compared to some of you guys who have been waiting longer this is going to seem petty and for that i apologize.

I placed an order based off what there site said .. delivery by.. Now i understand delays and things come up so i expect a deviation at some point or another.. .but when im told a month and the car isnt even going to start to be built ( per the DS) until the end of that same month theres no realistic way its going to be delivered within that same month. Instead of telling me hey ya we were wrong the answear i get is hey call this number.. who in turn tells me to call this number .. who then proceeds to tell me its your own fault theres nothing we can do and hangs up on me.. naturally i'm pissed i feel i deserve something a little better than being hung up on..

that aside if i got a vin that quickly and it still isnt going to be even started for another two months then there might actually be some truth to that "delay" or at least it sure feels that way.

so i understand quite a few of you have ordered well before i did ..
so my questions is this on there webpage when it says delivered by (insert month here) has anyone actually complained when that month didnt happen and if so to whom? Now im going to preface this with I understand compared to some of you guys who have been waiting longer this is going to seem petty and for that i apologize.

I placed an order based off what there site said .. delivery by.. Now i understand delays and things come up so i expect a deviation at some point or another.. .but when im told a month and the car isnt even going to start to be built ( per the DS) until the end of that same month theres no realistic way its going to be delivered within that same month. Instead of telling me hey ya we were wrong the answear i get is hey call this number.. who in turn tells me to call this number .. who then proceeds to tell me its your own fault theres nothing we can do and hangs up on me.. naturally i'm pissed i feel i deserve something a little better than being hung up on..
that aside if i got a vin that quickly and it still isnt going to be even started for another two months then there might actually be some truth to that "delay" or at least it sure feels that way.

Unfortunately Tesla is working hard to deliver big end of the quarter results and they figured your car would slow them down.
Technically Tesla will be on time as long as they deliver within the month of the estimate.

what the guy essentially told me as that regardless of what the website says they are in no way obligated to meet that.. if you chose to believe it then its your own fault when it doesn't come in that time frame... then he hung up on me ... needless to say i was NOT happy you tell me july i expect july not were going to send it to be built on the end of july

what the guy essentially told me as that regardless of what the website says they are in no way obligated to meet that.. if you chose to believe it then its your own fault when it doesn't come in that time frame... then he hung up on me ... needless to say i was NOT happy you tell me july i expect july not were going to send it to be built on the end of july

Yeah I'm torn on this. We asked our sales rep multiple times about the timing on the website, paid more for SAS and 6 seat to get it earlier. Also leased to time with model 3 release but with m3 accelerated and X delays we're going to replace 2 cars in a year timeframe instead of over 2-3 years.