Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on powerwall mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have i3 EV. It charges off peak, but calculates when it should start charging according to departure time. Our off peak starts at 11pm, but car doesn't start charging until 4am or so

We charge infrequently enough that I've mostly done it early evening so I can turn it off if I need to. I'm using the mobile charger for our Tesla and it is plugged in on the backup side, so I'd want to stop charging if the power went out. I suppose I could try the new Powerwall car charging coordination now that it is supported on the Model X, but given that it's usually only a couple hours a week, it's not that high a priority for me.

We charge infrequently enough that I've mostly done it early evening so I can turn it off if I need to. I'm using the mobile charger for our Tesla and it is plugged in on the backup side, so I'd want to stop charging if the power went out. I suppose I could try the new Powerwall car charging coordination now that it is supported on the Model X, but given that it's usually only a couple hours a week, it's not that high a priority for me.

Got it
We moved to El Dorado Hills from Belmont 2 years ago. Quite a weather change. Did not have AC in Belmont. Our first month here (June 2018) got hit with huge electric bill. Ordered solar after getting the bill